Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Want to Be Closer

Last night I stayed at my sister's house. That meant sharing a bed with my three year old niece. This isn't a horrible experience. She's not a kicker or anything, but she gives a whole new meaning to the word close. She's definitely a snuggler.
So I spent a good portion of the night trying to sleep in a spot that was half my body size because every time I tried to move a few inches away for some breathing room, she'd snuggle closer.
Kids are generally like that. They crave closeness. The words personal space mean little to them. Even trips to the bathroom can rarely be taken alone at my sister's house.
It really made me start to think though. God wants me to come to Him like a child. (Mark 10:15) First off, He wants me to trust Him completely, regardless of the situation. But He also wants me to crave closeness with Him.
Check out this verse from James 4:8, "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."
He wants us to snuggle up to Him. He wants us to have that close, personal relationship with Him. There's no part of our lives He doesn't want to share.
So draw closer and closer to Him. It's a relationship you'll never regret!

1 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

Heather, that was a beautiful correlation to the way we should stay by our Father. Even when we're not conscious, we should be so longing to be close to him that we "snuggle" into him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home