Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Take It With You

Last week I finished birth and baby classes. I went a little early to avoid having to go around holiday time. Anyway, my instructor was HILARIOUS. She had us cracking up with her comparisons and her horror stories.
One night she was talking about discomfort during the last couple of months of pregnancy and telling us some things we could do to be more comfortable. One thing she suggested was remembering to take our belly with us when we moved. She said the muscles get stretched out, and when you go to roll over or stand up suddenly, you needed to remember to put a hand on your belly and take it with you.
It actually has been a helpful little hint. Makes it easier to move when I take my belly with me. Made me start thinking about some other things it is important to take with me. Check out these verses:

Psalm 116:13, "I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD."

Psalm 119:111, "Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart."

Proverbs 4:13, "Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life."

James 5:10, "Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience."

Revelation 22:17, "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

We take our salvation. We take the testimony of Christ. We take the instruction He gives us. We take the examples of other believers. We take the water that gives us life.
Now, we've heard over and over that we should keep these things with us, hold them dear to us. This isn't any new message. But sometimes we need a reminder.
I must admit, the first time I heard that teacher say, "Take your belly with you." I was like "DUH!" But then I tried to turn over in the midst of the night, when I was half asleep and I forgot to take my belly. And let me tell you from experience, it's not a good idea to forget your belly.
It's also not a good idea to forget the things of Christ. They are treasures to carry with us everywhere we go. So wherever you may go today, take Christ. Trust me, you won't regret it!

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing isnt it. My cousin just gave birth, and it took her a few months to get used to giving herself a wider range. You just cant sneak through a doorway the same when you are pregnant. (ps- if you want to see some fun pregnancy food to crave check this out http://www.convergentstreams.com/cgi/wp/?p=35

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Oh Heather, you just have me grinning. The way you can take something like taking a pregnant belly and turn it into a profound lesson in the Lord. It just makes me smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home