Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

You Don't Need Turkey to Be Thankful

Well here we are at the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (well Thanksgiving here in the US anyway, my Canadian friends celebrated it back in October I believe.) I can't believe how this year has flown, but suddenly I'm getting e-mail reminders about the Thanksgiving lunch here at work, and I'm like, "Whoa!"
Sadly, I won't be partaking of the Thanksgiving luncheon today. I have a sugar test today at my checkup for Alaena. Now, everyone told me I should reschedule this appointment so I could eat the lunch, but really it's okay with me. See, I don't need the turkey to be thankful.
I have so much else to be thankful for! Here's just a short list:

1. I have salvation from sin and a promise of an eternal home with my Savior in heaven
2. I have a great, loving, supportive family who are there for me no matter what
3. I have a wonderful church family who encourage and love me in the good times and bad
4. I have a beautiful daughter on the way, who serves as a constant reminder to me of God's grace and forgiveness
5. I have good doctors and nurses who try to ensure that Alaena will be healthy when she arrives
6. I have my blogging buddies who pray for me and try to encourage me along the way

And I could go on and on and on, but you get the idea. The meaning of the holiday isn't found in the food on the table. It's found in the depths of our hearts. In the place where we treasure all those good things God has done for us!
So I ask you, what are you thankful for today (besides the turkey!!)?

4 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow girl...what a blessing you are to all of us! I know things will go well with your test. Sweet Alaena is so blessed having you for her mommy! I hope you have a wonderful day and a very special Thanksgiving!!!

Love ya!

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, I could start now and never stop with the things I am thankful for, but I am just going to list one. YOU.I am so thankful for the blessing you are to my life.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, I could start now and never stop with the things I am thankful for, but I am just going to list one. YOU.I am so thankful for the blessing you are to my life.

sorry forgot to add my name so put this in 2 times.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

I'm thankful for God's faithfulness - even (especially) when I'm not, for the blessing of my family, for great friends that I've MIRLed :-), and for the fact that I live in a place where my needs will always be met.

Happy Thanksgiving Heather, and tell that Aleana that we can't wait to meet her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home