Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gotta Get Your Excercise

I know what you're thinking when you see that title. Excercise? Yuck! But I'm not talking about physical excercise. I'm talking about spiritual excercise.
See, while physical excercise isn't necessarily a bad thing, in the grand scheme of things it "profiteth little" (I Timothy 4:8). The problem nowadays is that too many people are focused on the physical aspect of things, and no one is focused on the spiritual.
People read books on the right diet, the right way to run, the right way to bike, the right gym to join. But no one reads the only Book that can tell you about the right way to live. The ONLY way to live eternally.
And a lack of spiritual excercise in the areas of prayer, praise, study, and sharing God's Word with others has left us spiritually weak. I don't know about you, but I need to excercise more. I want to be strong spiritually. I want to excercise everyday. That way when hard times and temptations come, I'll be strong enough in Christ to stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home