Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Won Them Over

This week is Bible School at my church, and after a year's hiatus, I am back in the rotatation of teaching. Challenge number one after time off? The middle schoolers class.
Now if any of you have ever been around middle schoolers, you know that they are a cool bunch. Too cool to do something stupid in front of their friends. It was lame for them to have to come to Bible School in their minds. So I knew that I had to do something to win them over.
So rather than just sitting them in the classroom and teaching them, I opted for the scavenger hunt approach. They went from clue one finding a ring to clue 9 finding a cup of water. They read all the verses along the way, and by the time we reached the classroom, they knew all about Moses and Miriam and the Pharoah's daughter. And you know what else? They were SMILING and HAVING FUN.
Problem is, I've got to do the same thing for four more nights. So pray that I will have creative thoughts coming my way because I truly believe that middle school is such a critical age. Keeping them interested in God's Word at this age could shape their entire futures.
Hope all of you are doing well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home