Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Is Miss Clairol in the House?

Hi blogging buddies! I am still alive and well. It's just been really hectic both at home and at work. I'm racing to keep up.
Alaena turned 7 months old yesterday. And her two top teeth are working their hardest to make a breakthrough and join her bottom two teeth.
And as teeth are showing up in Alaena's mouth, I have discovered GRAY hairs showing up in my hair. And not just one or two mind you. They are getting a little out of control. And I've seriously considered dying it to cover the gray. Then I think I'm only 26, if I start this now, it could be a huge lifelong expense.
See, God doesn't care if my hair is gray. He made the hair, and He knew it would turn gray. But you know what, He promised to love me and take care of me anyway. If you don't believe me read Isaiah 46:4, "And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you."
See that part that says "even to your hoar hairs I will carry you" ? That means even when I'm old, and there isn't a trace of black left in my hair, He will carry me. He loves me, and He wants to use my life for His purpose.
He wants me to spend my life focused on allowing Him to make my heart a more beautiful place. He doesn't want me to be focused on hunting down and quickly covering each gray hair.
Now, I'm not saying it's evil to dye your hair or try to look pretty on the outside. It just shouldn't be the focus of your life. I don't want to spend my days stressing over the gray hairs that keep seeming to show up all over the place. Because if I did then I would be of no use to anyone else because I'd be completely self-consumed.
So today, I'm going to start looking more into my heart's mirror instead of the bathroom mirror!

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

I don't dye mine because Mr. Right requested that I not. He loves the proverbs that says that gray hair is a sign of wisdom. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home