Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 30, 2008

So I Got My Toes Stepped On a Bit

This week we had a mini-revival at my church that ended last night. Each night had great preaching, but last night was exceptional, and let me just tell you, my toes really got some stomping. His message was on the church and it's purpose.
And what is that purpose? Well take a look at Acts 1:8, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."
In short, our purpose is to be a witness for Christ wherever we go, to anyone we meet, at any time! And I knew that, but what really stepped on my toes was his point about spiritual gifts. See, spiritual gifts are good, and we are to use them to exhort fellow believers, but spiritual gifts are NOT our spiritual purpose. They are just tools to help encourage each other along the way in our purpose.
See, I like to sing, and I try to become a better singer all the time (not sure that is gonna happen, but I try to practice and all a lot.) I think this is one of my spiritual gifts because I can use it to encourage others. However, a singer is not what I am first and foremost. What I am first and foremost is a Christian, and as such a soul-winner.
I pray that I will use my life to win souls to Christ. Because that is what I should be all about! How about you?

4 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Allison Farley said...

Hey! Just wanted to say hello!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Allison Farley said...

Yeah, I love pink and green. I had forgotten that she was obsessed with those colors! How funny! I would love to take some of that stuff off your hands. The only thing is, I have no clue when I could look at it...lol. Maybe we can figure out some way!

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love them sermons that step on your toes! That means wake up people! We recently changed churches to follow our pastor b/c of that statement..... He would step on your toes but some didn't like it...they think as long as your in church and give your money you can buy your way into heaven (which is a LIE) and forced him to leave. Lucky for us his new church is down the road from us and we are so blessed with a new and CHRISTIAN church family :)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Christy Smith said...

Hello friend! So I've decided to start blogging again. I love the one about Raegan preaching to Alaena. Mom had told me about it and I just got around to looking at it. But anyways, just wanted to say hey and love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home