Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh the Words They Say

Alaena has reached that stage where she's starting to repeat some things. If you say a word several times, she'll repeat it. I have a feeling she's going to be a bit of a jabberbox, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Last night I was pointing out different things in one of her books, and she said "book", "moon" and a very emphatic, "OWL!" All while repeatedly telling Colby, our dog, "NO!! NO!! Bit!" But when we had finished her book, she pointed to my Bible and said, "Bible" as clear as day. And it made my heart more glad than I can tell you.
Because although she may not understand all that's going on yet, she knows what a Bible is. And that is a start. A start to a long journey we have ahead of us.
I can't believe we are almost to her first birthday. It doesn't seem possible that time has gone by so quickly, but I ask that you continue to keep both of us in your prayers that I may continue to teach my little girl in the way that is right!

4 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger staceyhoff said...

Heather! :)

How sweet to hear about your baby girl getting on with talking so soon- well, not so much a baby anymore, huh?! I remember just like it was just a tiny bit ago your announcing your pregnancy and, so humbly- but see how much glory God has been given through you, your baby, and your blog? God works it all for good; just as He saves us and gets an imperfect lot of a perfectly sinful and perfectly loved (by Him)soul- we will not live as if sinless human beings (impossible for all of us!)and yet we will be loved, by a faithful, understanding God- knowing our temptations, and knowing our ability as humans(not much)-
This is meant to encourage you- I hope it is! And that I even make sense... me after 11pm, scary stuff with fatigue warping my brain and me too stuborn to go to bed when I should ;)
I am so proud of you- in so many ways- I hope my daughter is like you, when she grows up. Can you be her Spiritual Big-Sister? She will need lot's, someday soon! ;) xoxo's -Stacey

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Heather!

What a beautiful post.

Isn't it great being a mom! Isn't it great having a daughter!

You are doing such an amazing job--keep smiling my blogging friend! And keep thanking God for this precious gift you have been given!

Diane

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Nina said...

I wish you so much luck in leading your child down the right path. I know I am trying very heard to provide my boys with the right faith and to know who God is and to also have a relationship with him.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

Oh, that's a perfect reminder to be careful of what I say and do... my kids are watching! You're doing what you need to be doing for her right now... trusting God in all things and loving Him even when you don't understand His will.

She is such a beautiful gift, Heather! I can't believe that she's almost one... Where has the time gone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home