Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 07, 2010

A Revival of the Blog

Well, Blogging Buddies, I know that it has been forever since my last post. Life has been so hectic and crazy that I felt I could never catch my breath, much less make logical statements from the million thoughts floating through my brain. My boyfriend Shawn said he has never met people who go so much, what he doesn't realize is that though I am used to going a lot, the past several months has been insane, even for me.

Because of the hectic state of things, I decided to take the week after Christmas off of work, and let me tell you, it was just what I needed. A week to spend time with Alaena and Shawn and the rest of my family and just relax. It was wonderful, and it helped me clear my head a bit.

So, here a few days into this new year, I've decided to begin the blog anew. I'm not going to promise anything daily, or hold myself to any kind of schedule, but if I have a word or two I feel I should share, I'm gonna post it.



Today I'm gonna talk about holding onto things too tightly. Pictured above is Alaena, holding her "puuuuupppyyyyy" (that's Southern little girl for puppy). She loves the puppy. She constantly wants to hold the puppy, and the puppy has pretty much resigned herself to that, as you can see in the picture above. But there are times when Alaena wants to hold on just a bit too tightly, and the poor puppy finally decides she has had enough and tries to escape.
I find myself trying to pry the poor puppy from Alaena's hands, offering her anything else to distract her attention from the puppy, punishing her when she screams about losing the puppy.
But as frustrating as prying that puppy away from her at times can be, I realize that sometimes I act just like her. God will try to pry something from my grasp, and I try just as hard to hold onto it for dear life, kicking and screaming when He takes it away when all the time He is offering something better.
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
God's plan is never to harm us. He never does anything to bring us evil. He has a plan for our lives, and He never takes anything out of our lives that He doesn't replace with something much better.
I pray that I will hold things a little more loosely and realize that God knows best when He rearranges my life!

10 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Well you are back with a bang. This post is exactly what I needed. I'm afraid I've been clutching what God has been trying to pry from me.

my word verification is "bless". How cool is that?

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Crystal said...

Heather...I am so glad that I talked you into getting back to this....I definately need help in letting go as you well know..I pray this year that God will help me to stop holding onto things or people that no longer want to be held and that He will give the help and courage to move forward rather than looking behind...Love you sis!!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Christian Dude said...

You have a real cute girl!

Thanks for the encouraging post :)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry, new balance pas cher, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, hollister, nike free pas cher, hogan outlet, polo lacoste, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, north face, nike air force, longchamp, kate spade handbags, lululemon outlet online, air max pas cher, polo ralph lauren, true religion jeans, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, sac guess, hollister, sac burberry, nike air max, michael kors, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, air jordan, sac hermes, coach purses, coach outlet, north face, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, oakley pas cher, air max, nike roshe run pas cher, timberland, michael kors uk, ralph lauren, nike roshe, nike free, nike tn, air max, nike blazer, louboutin, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, abercrombie, wedding dresses, beats by dre, baseball bats, mont blanc, soccer shoes, jimmy choo outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, iphone cases, ray ban, new balance shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing store, p90x, herve leger, louboutin, insanity workout, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, nike huaraches, vans shoes, mcm handbags, converse, longchamp, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, air max, birkin bag, oakley, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face jackets, hollister, reebok outlet, timberland boots, gucci, converse shoes, celine handbags, air max, giuseppe zanotti, north face outlet, nike trainers, vans, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, ghd, nfl jerseys

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski crystal, pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, toms shoes, louis vuitton, montre homme, juicy couture outlet, moncler, pandora jewelry, juicy couture, barbour, karen millen, ugg, wedding dresses, doke gabbana, michael kors outlet, barbour, sac louis vuitton, swarovski, michael kors handbags, ugg, canada goose, canada goose jackets, moncler, sac louis vuitton, canada goose, ugg boots, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, coach outlet store online, supra shoes, louis vuitton uk, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, ugg, canada goose, hollister, moncler, links of london, moncler, canada goose, moncler, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, marc jacobs, pandora charms, thomas sabo, moncler, rolex watches

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Do your best at every opportunity that we have
Pengobatan Untuk Menyembuhkan Endometriosis
Penyebab Bau Tak Sedap pada Vagina
Cara Mengatasi Penyakit Gondok Beracun
Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan Di Bawah Ketiak

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Azkadyta Herbal said...

Pengobatan Vaginismus
Cara Mengatasi Nyeri Akibat Cedera Otot
Tanaman Obat Untuk Meringankan Gejala Pengapuran Tulang Sendi
Proses Penularan Virus Hepatitis A Dari Makanan
Pengobatan Radang Sendi Jari Tangan

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger deraz said...

قمر الامارت
-ميزة التنظيف بالبخار هو الحصول على نتائج تنظيف مبهرة وصحيةالتنظيف بالبخار ليس له عيوب ويكون تنظيف صحى ومناسب فى منزلك ام التنظيف بضغط المياه فهو مناسب للاماكن المفتوحة والاعمال الثقيلة شركة تنظيف كنب فى عجمان
-هناك بعض الاسطح التى لايجب ان تظل رطبة فتلك الاسطح نستخدم التنظيف بالبخار الجاف
شركات تنظيف الفلل فى عجمان

 

Post a Comment

<< Home