Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Psalm 23
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


I'm sure that we've all read this Psalm about a million times, but to me it never gets old. Verses 1-3 are the Scripture of the day today over on Bible Gateway. And I must say that I really needed to hear them again today.
Why you ask? Well because I'm in a kind of battle of the spirit today. I'm not sure of how to feel about something. Alaena's dad goes to court today facing some pretty big charges, and I really don't know what I want to happen.
On one hand, his being put away would mean a time of potential peace. No phone calls in the middle of the night from anyone in a drug induced stupor. No angry threats. No wondering if he'll show up and try to take Alaena.
Then on the other hand I think that the father of my child will be in prison. Possibly until she's 3 or 4. He saw her for the first time ever this past Sunday night. It was a very hard decision on my part because he has not lived up to his part of the deal about getting straight, but my final decision rested on the "what if something happened to either of them" during this prison sentence. So he came to church and met her.
And I think he saw what he's missing. And possibly he regrets the decisions he has made. Problem is, I can do nothing to unmake his bad choices. And I can't make the decision of what will happen to him for those choices.
So I must sit here waiting and wondering what will happen and wondering what I want to happen. So today I needed to remember that the Lord is my Shepherd, and He's in control of it all. And that no matter the outcome of today's trial, He will give peace to my soul. Please keep Mark in your prayers today. No matter what, he needs to trust in Christ.

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

God has you and Aelana in His hands, Heather. You just stay nice and close to Him and He'll give you wisdom.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

I am new here! What an awesome blog you have :) ♥ Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home