Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Satan Can't Get Me

John 10:28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30I and my Father are one.


Do you ever have those days where you don't "feel" saved? You woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and everything seems to be going wrong. Your socks don't match, your hair is a frizzy mess, you spill Dr. Pepper all down the front of your shirt, and you barely make it to work because some crazy person on a cell phone cut you off. And on days like that, the last thing you want to do is the "Christian" thing.
To be honest, you want to cuss and cry and whine. And you want to make somebody else's day just as bad as the day your having. Because after all, misery loves company!
But being saved isn't about how you feel, thank the Lord. It isn't about our doing every little thing right. It isn't about being perfect (although that's what we all should strive toward.)
Being saved is about being held in our Father's hand. And no matter what we do, no matter how far we fall, God's hand is a place that no one can touch us. Once we are held in God's grasp, no one can remove us from that grasp. We are held there in love.
I don't know about you, but that's an amazing thought to me. I look back over my life and see all the many times that I've failed Him. But in the midst of those failures, He has held me. He has picked me up and dusted me off and said, "I forgive you. Now go and sin no more."
I'm amazed at my Father's love. I feel cherished knowing that I'm in His hands. How about you?

6 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Allison Farley said...

That is a really good thought! Believe me, I know exactly what you are talking about!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Hey Heather...here via the Black Box. How funny is that?

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Thanks for the inspiration, I just stumbled upon this blog, I'm thinking that I had higher help with the stumble. You really gave me food for thought and encouragement.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, abercrombie, wedding dresses, beats by dre, baseball bats, mont blanc, soccer shoes, jimmy choo outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, iphone cases, ray ban, new balance shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing store, p90x, herve leger, louboutin, insanity workout, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, nike huaraches, vans shoes, mcm handbags, converse, longchamp, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, air max, birkin bag, oakley, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face jackets, hollister, reebok outlet, timberland boots, gucci, converse shoes, celine handbags, air max, giuseppe zanotti, north face outlet, nike trainers, vans, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, ghd, nfl jerseys

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski crystal, pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, toms shoes, louis vuitton, montre homme, juicy couture outlet, moncler, pandora jewelry, juicy couture, barbour, karen millen, ugg, wedding dresses, doke gabbana, michael kors outlet, barbour, sac louis vuitton, swarovski, michael kors handbags, ugg, canada goose, canada goose jackets, moncler, sac louis vuitton, canada goose, ugg boots, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, coach outlet store online, supra shoes, louis vuitton uk, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, ugg, canada goose, hollister, moncler, links of london, moncler, canada goose, moncler, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, marc jacobs, pandora charms, thomas sabo, moncler, rolex watches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home