Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

All Dressed Up


I'm sure you've all heard the phrase, "All dressed up with no place to go." The question is why would someone get all dressed up if they had no place to go? One of life's many mysteries.
The thing is that we all have someplace to go. Whether we like it or not, our lives are leading somewhere. As a Christian, I am striving to keep my life in the center of God's will. That is the direction that I want to go. You see, I have a calling on my life. A calling to use my writing for God's glory.
Now I'm still in the learning phases of this, but I am striving to seek God's will as I learn more. The best thing that I have is friends who back me up in prayer.
Our lives are meant to be used for God's glory. I Corinthians chapters 3-4 tells us about using our talents for God's glory. Specifically chapter 4:2 says: "Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful."
We are to live our lives in faithfulness to God. You see one day we will live with Him eternally in heaven. He will dress us up in robes of pure white, and we will worship Him forever. I want my life to be ready when He tells me its time to go!
So check out your life today. Is there something He wants you to do? Find your place in His will. I promise there's no better place to be!!! What better way to start the New Year off right?

6 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Thank you for the reminder. It would be an excellent way to start off 2006.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather, I'd love to see more of your writing.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

a perfect New Year promise to ones self... find our calling and live to serve God and not worry what others may think.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Gina said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Spock said...

That is the cutest picture!!! Don't you send that Mike guy anything you haven't sent me now!!! :)

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home