Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Countdown to the New Year

I can hardly believe it. Christmas has come and gone, and 2005 will soon be a memory. When I was a little girl time seemed to drag between Christmases, but now time seems to race by while I'm standing still wondering where it went.
So many things have happened this year. Things that have helped me to grow in my faith. Things that have brought me closer to God. I experienced some things that I never imagined I would. But most importantly I've learned that God is with me each step of the way.
Since singing is a huge part of my life, songs are something I identify with. The song that I would call my "testimony song" for 2005 would have to be "Safe Thus Far." Take a look at the words to the first verse:

I just came from the throne room today, I've been talking with Him.
And I was reminded where I am, and where I've been.
I've sailed many waters rough and deep,
But Someone has sailed EACH one with me.
And safely and surely, I rode life's storms with my dearest friend.

This year has been one where I faced some storms, but He never left my side. He has brought me safe thus far, and I know He'll continue to lead me through each step.
So remember, you are never alone. He is with you all the time. Remember the words of I Peter 5:7, "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
Cast your cares on Him today. Your cares about the past year and the new year!

4 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings to you, Heather! Your enthusiasm and passion for the Lord is refreshing. May you continue to grow and prosper in Him.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Hi Heather. I appreciate your visit to my little corner of the net today.

Thanks for the uplifting words in your post.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Heather,
Great song. As I come closer to the Lord and grasp a little more of how fully committed to me He is, I feel "safer" even in the storms. Beautiful testimony. Many blessings for a new year full of peace and joy.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, bottes ugg, coach outlet, toms shoes, swarovski, montre pas cher, hollister, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg boots uk, canada goose, supra shoes, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, doudoune canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, lancel, michael kors outlet online, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs, barbour, moncler, karen millen, links of london, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler, michael kors outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home