Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 02, 2006

2006 Has Arrived!

I don't make resolutions on New Years. I know I'm not strong enough to keep them on my own! Thats why I make commitments. Commitments to God. The first commitment I made to God was to read through the Bible in 90 days. Now I know this isn't an impossible task. Lots of other people have done it, but I tend to be the type that gets stuck on one part of the Bible, and I forget that I'm supposed to be reading it through. I've prayed that God will help me to remain focused on this commitment. I started today, and I learned a lot. Now I know that reading through the Bible at this pace may not be for everyone, but if anyone wants to take the challenge with me, I'll be posting the day's chapters at the end of the post for everyday. Let me know if you take the challenge. I'd like to pray that we can all learn something together!

Today's reading is: Genesis 1:1 - Genesis 16:16

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Dineen A. Miller said...

Hi Heather,
God bless you in your endeavor. I think getting stuck in one part of the Bible and studying it is good too. That's what I plan to do this year. LOL! I've been doing the Bible in a year for a few years now. For me it becomes legalistic if I don't break the pattern. Have fun! God's word is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home