Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's Not What You Say, It's What You Do

Things are pretty hectic around here, but I wanted to give you a little thought for the day. This morning I read this verse from I John 3:18:

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth."

Think about how much truth is in that little verse. Sure it's nice to say, "I love you" to someone. But we prove that love by our actions.
We prove our love for God by our actions as well. Jesus said it this way in John 14:15:

"If ye love me, keep my commandments."

So the question is, are you showing the truth of your words. Are you living a life that shows your love for Christ? Or does your love stop with the words that come out of your mouth?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

A little thought? I'd say that little thought packs a huge punch, Heather! :v)

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

What a great challenge.....on a snowy morning in Minnesota....where, yes, I did get out of bed on the wrong side! Feeling a little grumpy this a.m., but have been checked! Thanks.

Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home