Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 17, 2006

One Day

Okay, I've got to share some of my joy. Yesterday was like the most awesome Easter service I've ever been in. See, my dad got to come back to church for the first time since surgery yesterday. Not only did he come back and sit in the pew. He came back and led the singing. Plus, he sang with my brother, my sister and I.
It was awesome. God was on that place. Why? Because my whole church was in unity. Every single person there was feeling the same feeling of thanksgiving. It's a feeling I can't describe.
Anyway, my dad had asked my brother, my sister and myself to learn a new song called "One Day I Will" by Hope's Call. It's an awesome song.
It talks about how Jesus came to this earth and walked along with man. He walked the dusty streets of Jerusalem when He should have been walking streets of pure gold. He wore a crown of thorns when He deserved a crown of jewels.
But the chorus is the best part of all. Check this out:

But Jesus, one day, I will worship at your throne,
I will fall down on my knees and worship you alone,
One day, I will cast my crowns at your precious holy feet.
Praising you for all you've done for me.
One day.

See, that's the reason Jesus came to earth. He didn't have to come, but He did because He loved us. And one day we will all bow before Him to thank Him and praise Him for all He's done for us. That's a day I can hardly wait for! What about you?

5 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Praise God for that Heather. You have such a sweet spirit!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Mike Duran said...

The feeling you had as your family, having coming through all you have, joined in praise with the saints, is a foreshadowing of heaven. One day I will stand before God and all the saints, and see my father again; and my friend Pat, who died of cancer long ago, and Gary and his father Harold, a Joe, and... Yeah, Easter is the shadow of a never-ending spring.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so glad your father was able to go back to church AND lead singing...wow! Praise God for His faithfulness. Thanks for sharing that song.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I don't know what I'll do on that day. Will I shout for joy? Or will I be unable to get any words out of my mouth. I love the song that asks will I dance or fall on my face in worship? Knowing me, I'll be free from all constraints and able to dance and praise Him with total abandon. I'm so in awe of how much He loves us.

It's GRACE. Undeserved, wonderful, glorious grace!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Oh, Heather... That's so awesome! I'm so happy that you were all together, feeling great, healthy, and basking in God's love and glory!!! Praise God for answered prayers for your dad, too!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home