Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sometimes Rules Are For Our Own Good

My dad got to come home from the hospital yesterday. (Yay!) This is something I'm very thankful for. Of course he got the whole lecture on what to do and what not to do.
One of the things he is not to do is lift something over five pounds. Doesn't seem so tough does it? Tell that to a man whose two year old granddaughter comes up to him wanting to be picked up every 5 seconds. But as hard as it may seem, it's for his own good. If he gave into my niece and picked her up, he'd likely hurt himself and may end up having to face more surgery later on. There is good reason for the doctor's rules.
God has given us some rules as well. Some of them are pretty cut and dry, like do not kill, do not steal. We see the reasoning for them. Some of the others can be harder, like put no other gods before me. In word its so easy, but I'm guilty of breaking this rule more than once. I've put friends and family before God. I've put TV before God. I don't intend to, but somehow I wake up and realize that I've not spent the time that God deserves with Him. I let life get before God. It shouldn't be that way. God should rule my life. My life is not my god.
God gave us this command for our own good. See, He has a perfect will for our lives, and when we keep Him first, things go according to His perfect will. But when we decide that one thing or another is more important than God, our lives are thrown off kilter.
So try to keep your focus on Him today. He wants what is best for your life.

6 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

How young you are to have such wisdom! Your mom and dad must be very proud!

Thank you for coming back to my blog--you inspire my hope!

Diane

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

So often I put everything in my life before God. If we could truly see Him working in our daily lives, would we be so complacent? This is something I need to work on...thanks for inspiring me today!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

I don't believe you. I think you're trying to fool us.

I REALLY think you're one hundred and eleventy-eleven years old.

Wow! I just love reading your entries.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are soooo right! Keep an eye on your Dad...sometimes men can be so stubborn. Gotta love 'em though.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Thanks for your recent visit. I'm praying your father will recover soon and feel better. God bless you as offer your life to Him daily.

Hugs,
Vicki

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home