Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 03, 2006

Put It Back Together

My sister and I decided to get my mom out of the hospital yesterday and take her to lunch. We had a nice enjoyable meal at Elizabeth's, an Italian restraunt not far from the hospital. We of course had my niece and nephew with us.
My nephew spent most of the meal asleep in his carrier (being that he's to young to enjoy Italian food.) My niece, however, was wide awake. (Though maybe she really should have been napping)
Truly, both kids did amazingly well considering they were at the hospital for almost the entire weekend. Anyway, by the end of the meal, my niece's sleepiness had gotten the best of her, and she was getting a bit whiny. And her tiredness really began to show when her piece of bread broke into two pieces, and she began crying and asking my sister to "Put back together."
You know as well as I do that you can't put a broken piece of bread back together. So my niece was a bit upset, but she got over it when we gave her a bite of pizza. Thank God for pizza.
Anyway, it really got me thinking. There are some things in life that we simply can't, "Put back together." We can't change a broken life and make it whole again. But unlike my niece who had no hope of having her piece of bread being put back together again, we have something to cling to. See, Jesus can put a life back together again. He's a miracle worker. He's the one who made the lame to walk and the blind to see. He's the one who raised Lazarus from the dead.
So, we have hope. Though our lives may seem broken beyond repair, Jesus can fix them. Look at these verses in Jeremiah 18:
2 Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words. 3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels. 4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
See, no matter how marred our lives may be, Jesus can make us over again. We are like clay in the potter's hands. So no matter how broken you are, go to Jesus, He can put you back together.

7 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorite verses!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Your post is exactly what I needed to read this morning. My Monday has started on rocky feet so reading your post gave me some solid ground.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, as always you have just exactly what I need to read today. I AM so thankful that when we fail him and confess, he is faithful and just to forgive us all our sins. I love the way you take a daily situation and use it for GODS Glory. You are a wonderful tool that is being used by GOD TO touch many.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing the heart of Jesus on line!

Diane

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Well said, Heather. And you were quite blessed that pizza did the trick for your niece - LOL.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

Heather,
God has been doing some serious stuff in my life, working in my family. It is scary and painful, but He keeps showing me He is here and He is working. Your post was another cool thing He's shown me this week. Praise God for second chances (and 3rd and 4th...)

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air maxc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home