Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Things I Need to Work on in My Daily Christian Walk

1. I need a stronger prayer life - I Thessalonians 5:17 says, "Pray without ceasing."

2. I need to care more for the burdens of those around me - Galatians 6:2, "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ."

3. I need to spend more time in God's Word everyday - II Timothy 2:15, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

4. I need to be more open about my faith to everyone I meet - Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

5. I need to be more faithful to my church. I go regularly, but I need to be more faithful to work in my church, more faithful to give to my church, more faithful to pray for my church.

6. I need to show more love to those around me - I John 4:7-8, "7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

7. I need to be more responsive to God's will, we are to follow Christ, and He prayed in Luke 22:42, "Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done."

8. I need to be more peaceful - Matthew 5:9, "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

9. I need to be more joyful - Philippians 4:4, "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice."

10. I need to be more patient - Hebrews 10:36, "For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."

11. I need more faith - James 1:6, "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."

12. I need more wisdom - Proverbs 2:10-12, " 10 When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; 11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: 12 To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;"

13. I need more concern for souls - Proverbs 11:30, "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. "

Links to other Thursday 13's: (Leave your and I'll add it here!)
Cat Lady
aggiejenn
Stacey
Ardice
Mom Nancy
Dawn




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



18 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Colleen Pidge said...

Good list! Those are 13 things most people can improve on.

http://onetiredmother.blogspot.com

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What an encouragement! I need to work on all those things, too! You're a blessing.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a few of those I need to work on too especially #4, #5 and #7. Great list!

Thanks for stopping by my TT. I hope your day runs smoothly. God Bless..

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Good list Some of those things i think i should add to my list!!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Just Nancy said...

I think we all need those things. Great list and thanks for visiting mine!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Heather - every time I visit I manage to be convicted. Knock it off!
Okay - not really.

This thirteen thing is pretty cool.
I'll have to see if I can wrap my el warpo mind around it.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Norma said...

What wonderful scriptures you have selecting. Inspiring for all of us.

My TT is up.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

That's a wonderful list - I need to work on #8 and #9.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all need to be more peaceful. :)

My TT is up at greenr, which focuses on making energy, community, and personal life greener and better for both us and the planet we all share.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Yes! Things we all need to work on!

Happy T13!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I think this is a great list. We can all improve on showing more love to people no matter how good a job we are already doing!

Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Okay ... I have read, re-read, and re-re-read your thirteen list.

Is it just me, or is Thursday the last day you posted? Can I just whine about that for a second?

Okay. I'm done. Hope everything is okay!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Hope you and your family are okay. Worry when I don't see your posts...

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather, i hope you have a list of the good things you're doing right, too! your blog is proof that a list like that would be much longer!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger شارح القرآن said...


شركة احباب طيبة للصيانة المنزلية بالمدينة المنورة 0557763091
لا يوجد أي منزل أو عقار لا يتطلب خدمات صيانة كاملة وشاملة من حيث السباك أو الكهربائي أو الدهان والنجار والفني الكهربائي ومعلم البومية وغيرهم من الفنيين الرائدين، ولا أحد يقوم بتلك المهام بمفرده بل يجب على كل شخص لديه منزل أو بيت أو عقار جديد الاستعانة بإحدى الشركات الموجودة في المدينة ولا يوجد أفضل من شركة صيانة منزلية بالمدينة المنورة.
فني سباكة بالمدينة المنورة
فني كهربائي بالمدينة المنورة
معلم بوية بالمدينة المنورة
رقم سباك بجدة
رقم كهربائي بجدة
رقم دهان بجدة
رقم فني دش بجدة
<a href="https://ahbabelmadina.com/carpenter-in

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger على محمد said...


شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
شركة الصرف الصحى بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالخبر
شركة تسليك مجارى بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger الفارس كلين said...




شركه تنظيف منازل بالنعيريه
شركه تنظيف منازل بالخغجى
شركه مكافحه حشرات بالخفجى
شركة تنظيف شقق بجازان
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجازان
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخرج
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة تركيب طارد حمام بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
شركة تنظيف بالدمام

 

Post a Comment

<< Home