Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 19, 2006

A Bunny in the City

Okay, I know that the title probably has you wondering. But I have a point, so stay with me here!
See, I was driving downtown just a minute ago, and I saw a bunny in the city. That's right a cute little rabbit was hopping down the sidewalk, and he finally hopped over into the tiny patch of grass between the sidewalk and a parking lot. When I saw him, my first thought was, you don't belong there.
Bunnies don't really belong in the city where there is hardly any grass, and they are constantly in danger of being hit by a car, and they are overtowered by huge buildings.
Bunnies belong in the country where there are fields that spread out for acres on end, where they can have bunny families and hop around with no fear of danger.
I kind of feel like that bunny I saw today. See, I don't belong either. Why? Because this isn't really my home. I have an eternal home waiting for me in heaven. A home where I'll live with Jesus for eternity.
As I look around at how dangerous this world has become and how absolutely sickening some of the things I see going on are, it comforts me to remember that I'm not home yet. I'm just passing through this world to my final home.
So if you're feeling kind of like a bunny in the city, look up because Christ will soon return to take us where we belong! (I Corinthians 15:52)

4 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

How do you do it? I saw a tiny bunny in the city on the weekend too, but my mind certainly did not put all that together and go down that bunny trail! :D You're awesome!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Fred said...

We have three cats, and the little one was found at a city intersection. She's a spunky little thing, probably the result of having to fend for hersef. But, she's absolutely adorable.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger twiga92 said...

Yeah, I have to remind myself that this isn't my home. That's part of the reasoning behind my blog title 'Caught Between Worlds'. I'm just passing through to the next one.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

What a great reminder that little bunny was...I don't belong in the "city" either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home