Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Twisty Path

I'm not gonna do a Thursday Thirteen on this site today (but you can go to my other site if you really want to see a Thursday Thirteen list.)
I've been kind of slack this week. (I think my brain is still on vacation) So I want to share something today about what I learned this past weekend. I partially learned it at the concerts, partially on the Anaconda roller coaster.
What can you learn on a roller coaster? Yeah, I'm sure you're asking that. Well, here's what I learned.
See the Anaconda has a very steep hill at the beginning. At the top it looks like you're going off into nothing. You can't see the track in front of you because it takes a sudden twist off to the right. So for a second all you see is clear blue sky and you're thinking, "Oh my goodness."
Of course King's Dominion wouldn't be allowed to run a roller coaster that sent you sailing off into the wild blue yonder. They've tested and retested those tracks thousands of times. So by the time we got onto the ride, it was pretty much certain that we'd make it back to the station.
It made me think about my walk with God. See, sometimes I can't see where God is leading me. I don't always understand the path. Sometimes I get thrown into a corkscrew, and sometimes I feel like I'm just about to be thrown into the wild blue yonder.
But God has a certain path for me. Yes, it may be laden with corkscrews and hills and sudden drops, but God is with me. All I have to do is trust that He will never leave my side.
So that's why I want to be available for Him. That's why I want to trust His leading. See, if I chose to sit down and quit the path that He wants me to walk, I'd probably miss so many things.
Many of the artists this weekend reitereated this same truth. We are to be in an active relationship with Christ. We are to be working with Him, and we are to trust His guidance no matter what.
So I'm passing that message onto you. Remember the truths of Psalm 23 and remember that no matter where God leads you that He will never leave you!

5 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

As usual Heather, a wonderful post! I don't know anyone else who would be thinking of a life lesson while on a roller coaster! That's pretty good! (And all you said at the top of that drop was "oh my goodness"?)I would have been screaming my fool head off! :D

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Great reminder, Heather!!! Isn't it amazing where we learn our life lessons? God is good. (And the Anaconda sounds pretty good, too! ;-)

My TT is up here

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Leave it up to you, Heather, to make that analogy. :)

Very well done...it'll give me something to think about on my next ride.

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you do?! Wow, that's cool. I don't think I've ever been to Virginia actually. Yes, I am going to be attending a school I have never seen- haha I know I'm crazy. But it's just something I need to do... or at least I hope! Anywho, my free trial is up in a couple of weeks for typepad, and I don't think I'm willing to pay for it so I'll be using my other site again probably... just thought I would let you know!

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, so I commented before I read your post (in response to the comment you left me before I forgot what I wanted to say)... so I just finished reading your post, and I must say that totally hits it right on! That's how I've been feeling about the whole school situation... it would be my third year at the same college- and I know it would be so easy and comfortable and safe to go back... but I have just felt like God's calling me to be somewhere else. I don't fully understand why, I don't know how I'm going to pay for things yet, and it's going to be so far away from everyone I know... but I'm just trusting that He will provide everything that I need. Just like that roller coaster- sometimes you can't see the track and it feels like you're just looking out into the sky, but He'll continue to guide us no matter what. Though we can't always predict the curves, the ups, and the downs- in the end we make it through and learn a thing or two. Hope your week has been fabulous, and happy Friday!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home