Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Don't Take That Road

I'm not going to do Wednesday's Word today. I have a thought I want to share. Yesterday we had a big cookout for the 4th of July. This means of course that my dad had our 4-wheeler out (or as some of you more proper folk might say, our ATV!) Anyway, I haven't ridden in a good while, so I hopped on.
I wanted to go to our back field to see how our corn and everything has grown. Now, dad didn't forbid me, but he said, "The road looks pretty bad down there, the rain has washed it out a lot." In other words he was saying, "I don't think you should go."
And you know what, I didn't go. I just rode up at the top field. In that moment I realized that I've grown up a lot. In my teen years, that washed out road would've been my first objective.
Now, I may have been able to drive that road and not get hurt, but I trusted in the wisdom of my father who has a lot more experience on 4-wheelers.
God has a lot of warnings in His word for us. The book of Proverbs is full of warnings not to associate ourselves with the ungodly. See, there is a chance that we may not fall into their ways, but there is also a very big chance that we will fall into the same sins that they are known for. The more we mature, the more we realize that God's warnings are there for our own good. We learn that He loves us and has our very best in mind.
So, the next time you are faced with a decision to walk the line between good and evil, don't take that road.
By the way, I will be out of town the next few days, so I won't be posting! I pray that you all will have a blessed week, and I'll be visiting you again on Monday!

6 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Now see? That's what happens when you turn 24!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Happy belated 4th, Heather.

I'm off again for a few days myself. I'll see you next week, and have a great weekend!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Great analogy! You have so much wisdom for your age!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger kpjara said...

I love this post! What wonderful reminders...and I bet you make your dad so proud!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger momteacherfriend said...

Great post! Sounds like maturity to me.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Once again....the youthful wisdom astounds me! Happy July!

Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home