Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 17, 2006

Let Me Tell You About My New Home

As I said last week, my sister and her family are in the process of moving into a new house. A process filled with much stress and aggrivation (aka packing) but also much excitement. And none of them is more excited than my niece.
She's telling everybody about her new room and "her Tinkerbell." See, my sister let my niece pick out a border for her room, and she picked out a really cute Tinkerbell border. She's showing good taste early in life!
Her childish excitement made me think. See, all of us who are saved are preparing to go to a new home as well. A new home beyond compare.
See, our new home is built by Christ Himself. Don't believe me? Check out these verses from John 14: "2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."
Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us. In Revelation John tells us a little about that place that Jesus is preparing. Check this out:
Revelation 21:16-23, "16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. 18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. 19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. 22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."
Sounds awesome doesn't it? And did you catch the best part? We will live in the light of the glory of God and the light of the Lamb of God. We will live eternally in the light of Christ!
I don't know about you, but I'm ready to go to my new home! And I hope you will be going there with me!

6 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! He is preparing our home for us... and us for our new home! Thanks so much for your prayers :) I also hate packing, but it's something I've got to do...

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Fred said...

See you there!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

Did you know that the language that Jesus used when He said He was going to prepare a place for us was the same as a young man of that time would have used when he proposed to his beloved...then he'd go and build a room onto his parent's house for them:)

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

I'll be there, sister! Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must try harder not to hide my light under the proverbial bushel and let it shine out like al amp unto my feet..

Thank you Heather for reminding me of these truths!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

What a great reminder of a wonderful gift that Jesus is preparing for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home