Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 18, 2006

It's So Easy On Paper...Or A Computer Screen As the Case May Be

Before I get to today's thoughts, I must give props to Goofy Girl who is responsible for my new design look. If you want a new look, check her out. She doesn't even ask for credit. But believe me, if I tried to design a blog, it would look so totally bad, so the credit for this one all goes to Goofy Girl!

Now to today's thoughts. I'm going to make a confession. Last night I totally let my flesh get the best of me. I was a TOTAL brat to be around.
Let me explain. Last week I started feeling kind of yuck because the weather here is changing a bit. So my sinuses reacted. I now have a bad sinus infection. The "I Can't Breathe, I Can't Sleep, I Don't Want To Do Anything" kind of sinus infection. The "I Can't Sleep" part has put me on edge because I've had to work all week (thank God I get off at 12 today.)
However, the fact that I haven't been able to sleep is totally NOT my brother's fault, and I totally had no right to jump down his case last night. I got worried because I thought he was supposed to have been home, and when I get worried, I get angry. I know it's a wierd response, but when I worry I start to think of all the things that the person I'm worried about could have done to keep me from worrying, so by the time said person shows up, I blow up and say, "Where have you been? Why didn't you have your cell phone? You are SO INCONSIDERATE."
Obviously this doesn't make the person I've been worried about (in last night's case my brother) very happy, so they become angry.
On paper it's so easy to see how stupid my reactions were. And of course hind-sight is 20/20. I was so wrong, and after it was all over (okay, kind of in the middle of everything when I was being stubborn and ill) verses were running through my head telling me how I should have handled the situation and how I could have avoided it to begin with.
Number one, it was wrong of me to worry, honestly he wasn't really that late at all if at all. I was just tired and cranky. The Bible is really clear about Christians worrying.
Take a look at Phillipians 4:6, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
That word "careful" means "anxious."(KJV) In fact the Revised Standard Version states it just that way, "Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
So, my first problem was that I let my anxiety control me. I should have prayed about it. I SHOULD have handed it over to God when the first worry pangs showed up. I didn't. I let them build, and I became angry.
The second problem was the way that I handled my anger. I didn't go to Ben in love. I attacked him the second he came through the door. The Bible tells us about this too. Ephesians 4:15 says this, "But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:"
I should have asked Ben in a loving way. I should have calmly stated that I had been a little (OKAY A LOT, I'm medicated, tired and emotional) worried.
There are a ton of other things that I could have done to have avoided the situation. The thing is that it's so easy to read the words on paper or type them onto a computer screen. Living them is a daily struggle. One we should strive to win. Believe me, I should have listened to the Holy Spirit the first time he nudged me with a verse last night.
Things are worked out with my brother now. My family has a rule not to go to bed angry (that's from the Bible too, Ephesians 4:26.) But I went to bed much later than I planned, and the arguing did nothing to make me feel better (yelling+sinus infection=feeling even crummier) And the whole situation COULD have been avoided.
I can't change the past, I know that. I've asked God's forgiveness and my brother's forgiveness, and I have it. But I'm going to use this as a learning experience. The next time I worry, I'm going to get out my Bible and look at some verses rather than pick my brother (or whoever I'm worrying about) apart bit by bit!
Have a great weekend guys! And if you think of it, say a prayer for me and my family tomorrow morning as we travel up to GiBee's! And if you'd pray that this sinus infection would go away, I'd appreciate it too!

12 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Well -- the up side of not being able to sleep is that you can sit up with Hunter in the middle of the night when he starts screaming in teething pain!

I don't know about you, but ... that works for me!

Hey -- have you tried breath-strips? They really do help!

And, GIRL! Love your new look! Awesome!

See you tomorrow! (and you'd better have your cell phone on so I can call if I get worried!)

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lori said...

New look is awesome. We all make mistakes, I just pray some of the ones I make I learn from and dont' repeat them. But that is not always the case. Thanks for your transparency.

I hope you feel better. I HATE sinus infections, they hurt.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Hindsight is always 20/20. Thank God for grace and forgiveness and family love! Sometimes my worry comes out in anger too!

I'm so jeolous (sp?) you get to go Gibee's!!!!! Have fun and give her a hug for me!

Love, love, love your new look! The colors are wonderful!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Love the new look!

I get really grumpy when I'm tired and don't feel good, too. Not a joy to be around. Glad you worked things out with your brother, though...that was much more mature than I tend to be.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Glass Half Full said...

I love the new look!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

So are ya having sidesplitting fun at Gibee's yet? Well when you get back and are able to get back in the swing of things, I've tagged you if you want it.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Before I even read your post I noticed your banner and thought how cute it is. So it's brand new, huh? I LIKE it!

Don't beat yourself up too much. Everyone has days like this, especially when we don't feel good. I've had sinus infections and they're absolutely miserable. Besides, your brother loves you.

Thank you for stopping by my place last week. So sorry. I'm just now catching up with everyone.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Your blog looks great! Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

Wow! It looks great. Love the design and colors! Glad you are human like the rest of us:) Sinus issues stink. I bet we won't even need sinus's in Heaven!

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes I know it's coming again soon, sinus season. I use to have to get 3-4 shots a year just to survive.

BTW-Love the new look!!!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, abercrombie, wedding dresses, beats by dre, baseball bats, mont blanc, soccer shoes, jimmy choo outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, iphone cases, ray ban, new balance shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing store, p90x, herve leger, louboutin, insanity workout, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, nike huaraches, vans shoes, mcm handbags, converse, longchamp, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, air max, birkin bag, oakley, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face jackets, hollister, reebok outlet, timberland boots, gucci, converse shoes, celine handbags, air max, giuseppe zanotti, north face outlet, nike trainers, vans, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, ghd, nfl jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home