Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 01, 2006

What's in My Name

Well, like I said yesterday, today is my 200th post. And for my 200th post I decided to explain the name of my blog. Barb over at A Chelsea Morning threw out the challenge to everyone to explain why they named their blog what they did. I decided to hold off for this 200th post to participate!
Well, first of all, I LOVE roller coasters. Seriously, there isn't one fast enough or high enough for me (though I don't do the wooden ones much since my surgery.) But as much as I love roller coasters, the name "The Roller Coaster Ride of My Life" truly is what that second line says, "A Journey Through the Ups and Downs of My Daily Life."
Not long before I started my blog, Ane a lady in my critique group, The Penwrights, sent this article through our critique group about how it's a roller coaster ride being a writer. So the thought of being on a roller coaster ride was kind of on my mind anyway. But for several years before I started the blog, my life had been a roller coaster, not just my writing life. Life. Period.
Anyway, I had been talking to my friend Heather Smith (weird huh) who had started an animal blog for her cat Oreo. She kept telling me that I should start a blog, that she really liked my writing. The only problem was that I had no idea what to do. I had no idea what I would name it. I had no idea what I would write. Well, the best advice that I've ever heard about writing is to write what you know.
Well, I know nothing better than I know my own life and how God has been there each step of the way. Through each of the slow climbs, and plunging drops, and twists and turns, He had been there. Yes, I realized that my life had been a roller coaster. So I started my blog wrote my very first post.
Since then I've come to realize that God had a definite hand in it. Like I said yesterday, He has blessed me abundantly through this bloggy adventure. The biggest blessing of all I think is that through it all, writing the blog has kept me realizing that God is there. I can go back and read past posts and think, "Man, God really helped me through that one" or "I'm so glad God directed me that way right there."
So I guess to sum it all up, my blog got named this way because of something I love to do, and because I'd read an article I liked recently, but God brought it all together in my heart to mean so much more. After all, He knows what He's doing! (Jeremiah 29:11)

11 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

And I among many are blessed that you started your blog!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

That's a great reason to give your blog it's name! WTG on the 200th post! I'm not even at 100 yet! Even if i put my 2 blogs together! lol
God Bless and happy Friday!

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always loved your blog title and I'm so glad you started blogging. You have truly blessed so many with your writing! Happy Friday! Oh and congrats on teh 200th post!!!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Congrats on 200! And I think that's such a neat name and I love how you incorporate how the Lord has been there for you thru every up and down, twist and turn. Great analogy and name!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I think a lot of us could incorporate "roller coaster" in our title. Life's just like that, up, down, up, down. And it seems like it took me forever to reach that 100th post and now suddenly I'm getting closer to that 200th one. I wonder what on earth I've been saying so much about!

I'm glad you put your link in the name game post. All these stories are so interesting.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Are you sure this one would not be high enough and fast enough? Long enough, now that's another story, although the adrenaline rush makes up for a lot! I love roller coasters too, by the way, which is why I clicked over here from This Pastor's Wife!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Happy 200th! You've definately honored God with your blogging efforts.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

Hey I copied you on my blog today:)

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Love your blog name and the reasoning behind it. My Mom used to always say that life would be so boring if everything just went fine, with no excitement. I think the little bumps in the road make us grow and become a better person. She always said life was like a rollercoaster too.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

Happy 200th post! Gosh, I just celebrated my 100th (well it was the 101st by the time I celebrated;)

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great reason for naming your blog what you did. I think it fits perfectly. Congratulations on your 200th post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home