Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 25, 2006

Are You A Complainer Or A Fixer?

I've told you guys that my sister and brother-in-law gave me XM radio for my birthday in June. Since then I've come to find several stations that I really love. A few are the southern gospel station, the praise and worship type station, and the clean comedy station. I usually listen to the comedy station in the mornings because it wakes me up and makes me laugh. But this morning I got got convicted by something I heard on the comedy station.
See they have Christian comedians on there as well, and this morning just before I got to work Jerry Clower, a Christian comedian came on. He told jokes but behind his jokes was a very important message. He was saying that tons of people are complaining about what is wrong with this nation and what we need to fix and how nobody in this nation ever does anything right. But he said that the true problem is that people have forgotten the most important thing. The most important thing is to love.
First off we are to love God. (Matthew 22:37) Even as a Christian I forget this important thing at times I mean I love God, don't get me wrong. But there are definitely times that I don't love Him the way I'm supposed to. I don't put my entire heart, soul, and mind into it. I don't love Him with my entire being. If I did, I would have a much closer walk with Him, and I would be the kind of example I'm supposed to be ALL THE TIME!
It would also lead me to do the second thing, and that is to love others. (Matthew 22:39) How often do I love others the way I'm supposed to? I mean Jesus said for me to love my neighbor as I love myself. Kinda different from the "Look out for number one" attitude that America has grown accustomed to.
I think that Jerry Clower was exactly right, we should love more. Then we would be more concerned first with what God wanted and second with the needs of others.
I'm tired of complaining about the problems around me, I'm going to work more to fix the problem by being the Christian I should be! A Christian full of love!

6 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

I like your new look.

I agree with your comments.

It is SO much easier to complain about the ones in the trenches than to get in there and help.

We have this problem within our local churches, too.

Wow, if we can't love each other (including loving through action) how can we expect the world to see love in us?

I appreciated your comment on my blog : ).

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Nice new look, Heather. I was thinking of getting XM radio, but I only spend about 10 minutes going to work. So, it probably isn't worth the cost to me. If I did have a long commute, I'd sign up in a minute. I'm tired of terrestrial radio; it all sounds very bland nowadays.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post today. I am working my way through every blog in the ring so that is how I ended up at yours today. The thoughts about Jerry Clower brought back memories of listening to him when I was little. My parents loved him--didn't he always say, "oooo-weeee"? So funny. You are right--it's so easy to complain--gotta work on that!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry, new balance pas cher, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, hollister, nike free pas cher, hogan outlet, polo lacoste, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, north face, nike air force, longchamp, kate spade handbags, lululemon outlet online, air max pas cher, polo ralph lauren, true religion jeans, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, sac guess, hollister, sac burberry, nike air max, michael kors, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, air jordan, sac hermes, coach purses, coach outlet, north face, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, oakley pas cher, air max, nike roshe run pas cher, timberland, michael kors uk, ralph lauren, nike roshe, nike free, nike tn, air max, nike blazer, louboutin, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, abercrombie, wedding dresses, beats by dre, baseball bats, mont blanc, soccer shoes, jimmy choo outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, iphone cases, ray ban, new balance shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing store, p90x, herve leger, louboutin, insanity workout, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, nike huaraches, vans shoes, mcm handbags, converse, longchamp, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, air max, birkin bag, oakley, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face jackets, hollister, reebok outlet, timberland boots, gucci, converse shoes, celine handbags, air max, giuseppe zanotti, north face outlet, nike trainers, vans, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, ghd, nfl jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home