Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

CWO - In Other Words



“Salt, when dissolved in water, may disappear, but it does not cease to exist.We can be sure of its presence by tasting the water. Likewise, the indwelling Christ, though unseen,will be made evident to others from the love which He imparts to us.”~ Sadhu Sundar Singh ~
I'm gonna take you back in time a few years today. Six years to be exact. Back to April of 2000 and one of the WORST weeks of my life. It was right after the prom, and a few of the wilder guys thought it would be fun to spread a few rumors about me and one of my other friends. The things they said about us and our prom dates totally brought our reputations into question. Most didn't believe those guys because of their reputations compared to ours, but still, a shadow of doubt was still cast.
Could I have avoided their rumors? I'm not really sure, unless of course my date and I had stayed by a teacher for the entire night and then went promptly home. No, I don't know if I could have really changed the course of events, but those days of rumors taught me an important lesson. Reputation is everything.
I'm not talking about appearances. I don't really care where I buy my clothes. Walmart, Old Navy, it's all the same to me. No, I'm talking about reputation. The reflection to the world of what's on the inside. The part of me that makes an impression to all of those around me.
See, I leave an impression everywhere I go. And just as I can't unsalt water that I've added salt to, I can't take back an impression I've made on someone. If that impression is one of Christ's love, then it will be helpful to the person, but if that impression is one showing my selfish nature, then it can be a stumblingblock.
Jesus said it this way in Matthew 5:13, "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."
So, today as I read the quote above, I remembered my lesson from years ago. I remembered that I want my reputation to be one that affects people in a good way. I want to show Christ's love everywhere I go, otherwise my life is worthless.
My challenge to you today is to be salty. Have a good affect on those around you. Don't let your life be worthless!
If you want to hear about my weekend at GiBee's see this post at her site, or check out my other blog a little later today!

12 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Great post. And it is true you only get once chance to make an impression. I am sorry to hear about the pain you went through, but you turned it around and use it to bring God glory, Praise God.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

"The reflection to the world of what's on the inside...See, I leave an impression everywhere I go." So true! If we all took seriously the impression we make, we might do things a bit differently. Your blog really got me to think and examine myself. Great post!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Impressions and what we leave with people is so important! Thanks for making me think if my impression is salty or not and what I am leaving with people.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...I wonder sometimes about first impressions...many are deceiving...however, we do leave impressions wherever we go...me thinks it's time for a little self-examination also... Enjoyed your honesty and your post.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Those boys took on the wrong girl! I am so sorry for the pain you experienced....but as always....you turned it into God's glory! You are an amazing young woman....as witnessed by Gibee's testimony...and each and every word you type! You bring great value to blog-land....and I'm sure to those you touch personally. THAT leaves a great flavor in the life of everyone who knows you! Way to go girl!

Diane

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

rumors, ahhh they suck don't they? I've had a few of those myself. Hugs to you!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

I can totally vouch for your awesome, crystal clear reputation, hun!

And I can't believe I left out of work so fast that I posted without linking to your blog! Good grief, what kind of friend am I?!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger FruitfulSpirit said...

Heather truely wonderful post. I have had a rough past week and this is so how I feel on the inside about what I try to show on my blog, in conversations and how I deal with the world in general. I feel short this week that I know for sure but I also know God sees the salt inside my heart and things will be better tomorrow!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

And just as I can't unsalt water that I've added salt to, I can't take back an impression I've made on someone.

I love this--this is so totally true. It makes me rethink some of the things I've been taking for granted lately.

Camy

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, abercrombie, wedding dresses, beats by dre, baseball bats, mont blanc, soccer shoes, jimmy choo outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, iphone cases, ray ban, new balance shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing store, p90x, herve leger, louboutin, insanity workout, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, nike huaraches, vans shoes, mcm handbags, converse, longchamp, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, air max, birkin bag, oakley, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face jackets, hollister, reebok outlet, timberland boots, gucci, converse shoes, celine handbags, air max, giuseppe zanotti, north face outlet, nike trainers, vans, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, ghd, nfl jerseys

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger lamiss ibrahim said...

I definitely love this site.
http://prokr.inube.com/
https://www.docdroid.net/NGHQuvv/shrkat-nkl-athath-oaafsh-bbryd.docx
https://broker5577.wixsite.com/prokr/blog/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home