Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

You Gotta Have Faith

On Sunday morning my grandpa brought an awesome message on faith (I know I'm probably prejudiced, but seriously it was a GREAT message!) It talked about faith.
The first point talked about the beginning of faith. Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." We gain faith when we hear more and more of the Word.
Now look at John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jesus is the Word that John was talking about hear. Jesus is the Word we need to hear to gain faith. We have to hear about what Jesus did for us on the cross. We have to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is where faith begins.
Once we believe on Jesus our life changes forever. We open our eyes to the call of faith. We start to trust that God has a greater purpose for our life than we ever could have imagined, and we step out in faith to answer that call He has on our life. Just like Abraham did in Genesis 12:1-3.
We follow the call of God because we have faith in His promises. He promises to bless us for our faith. For Abraham it was a better country. For us it's a place that Jesus has gone to prepare for us. (John 14:2-3)
I Corinthians 2:9 says this about that place, "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
That's a pretty awesome promise don't you think? A place that is beyond anything we could ever hope or dream of. I don't know about you, but I've had some pretty elaborate dreams in my lifetime, and God has something prepared for me that I could never even imagine.
I don't know about you, but I want to share this faith with those around me. I want to have some fruit to prove my faith. I want to win others to my faith. This is what Jesus commanded us to do in Matthew 28:19-20, "19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
Sure it won't always be easy. The Enemy of our Faith, the Devil, will try to bring us down at all costs. (I Peter 5:8) He wants us to fail. But through faith we know that greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world (I John 4:4).
And because He is so great, I want to share Him with everyone I meet! How about you?

4 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I think God is trying to tell me something. I been seeing the word Faith a lot. Really great post girl!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Great thoughts, Heather!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Faith never is easy, is it, 'cause then it wouldn't be, well, faith. Whoever says that Christianity is just a crutch and for wimps has no idea what they are speaking of! Good thoughts, Heather!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Your title says it all. You really do have to have it. We're nothing without it. Nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home