Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lord, Help Me Have a Soft Heart

I read a verse yesterday that really hit me. It's found in Proverbs 17:10. Check out what it says, "A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool."
When I was growing up my daddy called me "Snoot." (He still does, but he and maybe a few others can get by with this. You may not call me this! LOL!)
Anyway, he always called me that. Except for when I was in trouble. Seriously, all my daddy had to do was call me Heather, and I'd burst into tears. See, when he switched to a serious tone and called me by my actual name, I knew that I'd disappointed him. And nothing upset me more than upsetting my daddy. I was my daddy's girl.
Now that I'm grown up I'm striving to serve another "Daddy." I'm striving to serve God, my heavenly Father. I want to be wise in serving Him. I want to be convicted at the slightest nudge He places on my heart. I want to have a soft heart that is open to His leading.
I don't want to be a fool who refuses to listen even when God has used every means to get my attention.
What about you?

6 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SNOOT (I'm one who can get by with it) Isn't it wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father Loves us even more than our earthly father! Knowing how much our earthly father loves us,It's great to know what and awesome GOD we serve!!!!

Love you SNOOT! (Or as I love to call you sniglet!!!!)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I often asked why do we not listen to God when He is speaking in that still small voice. Why do I continue on until something big has to happen for Him to get my attention? I think you are absolutely right about having the soft heart so that we can hear!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Snoot. I like it!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

Hi Heather. I love how you seem to really view God as your "Daddy." I think you make Him proud.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry, new balance pas cher, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, hollister, nike free pas cher, hogan outlet, polo lacoste, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, north face, nike air force, longchamp, kate spade handbags, lululemon outlet online, air max pas cher, polo ralph lauren, true religion jeans, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, sac guess, hollister, sac burberry, nike air max, michael kors, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, air jordan, sac hermes, coach purses, coach outlet, north face, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, oakley pas cher, air max, nike roshe run pas cher, timberland, michael kors uk, ralph lauren, nike roshe, nike free, nike tn, air max, nike blazer, louboutin, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home