1. Enoch - This was a man who walked with God. He was so close to God that one day God just took him on to heaven. He never had to die. (Genesis 5:21-24)
2. Abram (later Abraham) - Of course we all know about Abraham, but no matter how many times I read about Abraham, I'm always impressed with how he left all he knew behind to follow God. God's call for Abraham can be found in Genesis 12.
3. Miriam - because she stayed by to make sure that baby Moses was going to be okay when he was placed in the river. (Exodus 2:4)
4. Moses - God was willing to use him in spite of his past. (He murdered an Egyptian in Exodus 2:12.) He went from being a murderer to being a leader used by God.
5. Jethro - Moses' father-in-law because he recognized that the God of Israel was the ONE TRUE GOD. (Exodus 18:11)
6. Joshua - because he learned to be a leader by following a leader. He obeyed Moses because he knew that Moses followed the Lord. (Exodus 17:9)
7. Deborah - because her witness for God was so strong that Barak would not go to battle without her (Judges 4:8)
8. Jael - because she didn't let her husband's evil alliances (Judges 4:17) keep her from destroying an evil man (Judges 4:21)
9. Gideon - because he obeyed God even when his army was dwindled down to 300 people (Judges 7)
10. Ruth - because she would not leave her mother in law even though it meant leaving all she knew behind. (Ruth 1)
11. Samuel - because he learned to listen for God's voice as a young child. (I Samuel 3:10)
12. David - because God forgave him of his sins and blessed him (II Samuel 12 - David had sinned with Bathsheba, and God took a child from them, but he gave them another child, Solomon, who would one day be king.)
13. Josiah - because he served God and didn't turn away from him to the right or to the left (II Kings 22:1-2)
These are just a few of the many people I've read about so far. I hope that I can learn some things from them and live my life closer to God because of what I've learned from their lives!