Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Kansas City Here I Come...

Yep, you read that right. The week after next I will be travelling to the lovely Kansas City (well, I've heard it's lovely anyway, never actually been there myself!) Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it because we've been talking about it at my work for the past TWO YEARS. (Suffice it to say that no one makes many quick moves around here, but at least we're making sure all the pieces are together before we go.)
Now, my mom is not nearly as excited as I am about this because she totally hates planes. I mean HATES. She refuses to ever fly, and I'm pretty sure we'd have to knock her out like Mr. T if we were ever to try to get her on a flight. She claims the verse, "Lo, I am with you always as her own." Only she spells it "L-O-W". I should really talk to her about that adding a jot or a tittle (or a "W" in this case) to the Bible thing.
In all seriousness though, I think this is a place that God has brought me in my life. See, I've always wanted to travel. Always. And this year, I'll be spending much of my time travelling here, there, and everywhere for my job. First stop, Kansas City.
And you know what I think it is, God cares about the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:4). He cares about the little quirks that make up a North Carolina girl named Heather Smith. He cares about my dreams and my wants. He is a PERSONAL God.
That isn't to say He gives me every little things I want, but He loves me enough to allow some of my dreams to come true as long as I'm in His will. And He loves my mom enough that I KNOW He'll give her peace when it's time for me to step onto a plane many times over the next several months.
What are some of the dreams of your heart that God has allowed to come true?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom is the same way your mom is. And to be truthful...so am I...

I'm excited to hear all about your trip! And you know what I know they will be amazing!

ok now you're question you asked. I have to say Patt. We didn't get together in "my" time but from the moment I met him I saw something good in him others didn't see. (he was a wild kid when we were yonger) but in time and through growth God knew what my heart needed....not a wild guy, but a guy with God in his heart and Patt has his on journey while I was on mine, but in God's time...here we are, and it was so worth the wait :)

You've been on my mind a lot lately! Hope you're doing great my friend! You are such a joy to know....

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Oooo, how fun! You should see if you can have a chance to see Shalee and Jules.

That is so funny about adding the jot and tittle thing with your mom! She sounds like a fun person.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

You're right! He IS a personal God!!!

If you have time, why don't you make plans to meet Shalee?! She's so much fun.

Be safe!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Yay!!!! Heather's coming to KC! You'd better make plans to visit me or else I'm going to feel completely jilted...

I'm like you, I love to travel and flying is my favorite way to go.

Some dreams of my heart that God allowed to come true was meeting several blogging friends - twice now. Also, he's blessed us with a house and I'm sure he'll bless us just as fully when we sell this one to downsize. He knows my worries (which are foolish) and he knows the inner most dwellings of my heart. He's never let me down and I can't imagine him starting now. And I've finally matured enough to know that when He says no to something, there is a VERY good reason for it.

Now, call me and tell me when I get to give you an official hug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home