Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Little Party Music


Well, no party is complete without music, so I figured my contribution to the Ultimate Blog Party would be a few suggestions of some great music you REALLY need to hear!

First of all I have to say that I got the newToby Mac CD last week. I say it's totally his best yet. I especially love the songs "Made to Love" which talks about the fact that we were made to love God, and to use our lives for Him, and the song "Lose My Soul" which talks about the fact that nothing in this world is worth more than our soul.

I also got a CD with music inspired by this movie (which I totally want to see!) And I have to say that I love the song "Amazing Grace" that Chris Tomlin sings on this CD. It's absolutely gorgeous!

I also got several Greater Vision CD's last weekend! They are always such a blessing! A group I would highly recommend. I especially love the songs "Faces" and "He's Still Waiting by the Well."


So you're probably thinking by now that my musical tastes are quite mixed up. I admit, I have an eclectic taste in music. I sing, and I love to hear how a new arrangement can make an old, well-known song completely new. I love to hear Biblical ideas set to music. That's just me!


So as you party around here, drop me a line about some of your favorite music, if I've never heard it, I'll check it out. I'd list all my favorites here, but it would take pages and pages!

Feel free to check out my archives and recent posts! You'll see a little bit of what God has taught me through my lifetime! And I hope you find a blessing in it!

Labels:

19 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the party Heather!! Isn't it incredible how many people??? wow!! Be Blessed!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Welcome to the Party! Love all styles of music! Thanks!

Diane

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for ya party!!!! Nice ti meet ya.

I am having my 4th party favor give away. When ya get a chance come on over.tc

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Here to party!! I am so glad I ran across the 5minutesfor moms.com blog party! I've met some awesomes ladies!!
Have a wonderful day!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

What a darling blog! Love it! I'm here for the party. It's great to see all of these ladies. Come by my place if you have the time!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!! Thanks for checking out my blog! This is so fun because I am meeting a ton of people!

I LOVE Pop, country and contemporary christian music. Actually...come to think of it..I am obsessed with music! LOL! Glad to meet you!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hello Heather; glad you're at the Party. So many interesting people!

I'm from Birmingham, England; hope you'll drop in.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoyed your blog as well!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Great music and party Heather. I personally love Salvador.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Cloves said...

HI! Wow, so many people, so little time. Great blog!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Alida Sharp said...

welcome to the party! I am a big music fan... I really like Babbie Mason. Stop by anytime!

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there - I am just dropping by your party to say hi. Thanks for the invitation.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger CG said...

I love your blog header-that is so cute and creative!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

My music tastes are just as varied. I was made to love you is a great song. makes me want to dance. God bless!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger yours truly B said...

welcome to the party Heather I like your blog

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

my daughter has over 1,500 songs on her I-Pod. Everything from Bing Crosby to Grits.

I have to admit I like almost everything she listens to. I guess I'm eclectic, too.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like old songs made new too, Heather :). One of my current favorite albums is Jars of Clay's Redemption Songs album :) I think I am going to wear out the CD soon. But my Sweetheart transferred the CD to my MP3 player.

I enjoy Chris Tomlin's music a lot too. They play his music a lot on the station I listen to.

Thanks for stopping by, Heather :). I always appreciate your visits.

Blessings to you and yours.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Hi Heather, I love the song "I was made to love you" by Toby Mac...hmmm should get the CD.

It is always nice to visit with you, blessings.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Brandie said...

Hello! I love your blog banner. I could steal it and it would fit my blog perfectly ... but don't worry, I won't take it =)
I too have an eclectic taste in music and books and well, I think I'm just all over the board in a lot of things LOL!
Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home