Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 10, 2007

A Little Reminder From God

Psalm 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

This verse was the verse of the day today on Bible Gateway, and I must say that God has once again amazed me. See, Psalm 46 is my life chapter, and at different times in my life, God has brought it before me again and again.
He's constantly reminding me the He is the refuge I can run to, the strength I can lean on, and the help I can cry out for when I'm in trouble. He's constantly reminding me that HE IS GOD.
And today, I really needed to be reminded of that. It's not like I forgot it, but sometimes you need to hear that reassurance that God is God, and God never changes (James 1:17.) And since He doesn't change, I can lean on Him now just like I've leaned on Him in the past.
I don't know about you, but it gives me a great deal of peace to know that my God doesn't change. I can rest in the fact that He will keep every promise He's ever given because He's God.
Yes, I definitely needed this reminder today, and I'm glad He started my day out like that!!

**And just a note, I probably won't be able to blog next week due to the fact that I'll be travelling with work again. Just didn't want anybody worrying or anything!!**

4 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

I find it extremely great that He doesn't change. Thanks, Heather.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for that post...and my reminder.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger staceyhoff said...

Oh, don't I know! I know just what you mean. That is one of the first things God showed me when I asked Him to show Himself to me: He showed me the mental image of a lighthouse & it's flashing light was showing me a safe way in the midst of a storm. God knew that, for me, I had to know that He does not change. It is sooo comforting to be able to rest in His mercy, faithfullness and goodness. Isn't it!! I feel such sorrow in my heart for anyone who is trying to live in this world without having Him as their Savior and God, comforter and Wonderful Counselor.
Reminds me to be more diligent in evagelistic efforts, once again... thanks :)

So how is the baby doing, Heather?? You should post one of those LillyPie counters so we can all see how he/she is growing all the way up till the birth-date :)
I trust God is meeting you just where you need Him; I have been praying for you for such. God bless you Heather girl, you are awesome and a real light in this world!!! I am so proud of you. Don't say no, I am just saying that- I have seen all you have done on this blog and in your life and the light that you are. And I am proud of the wonderful person that you are. xoxoxox's

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger staceyhoff said...

how could I have missed it?! A dork, I am... shows how eager I am to just skip right past everything and get to reading your posts ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home