Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Dora's on the Outside

Last night my niece and nephew spent the night with us because both of their parents are out of town with work today. So I got a preview of what my life will be like in a few years when Alaena goes to school. Pretty much I'll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Nah, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but being that this was my first morning in training I was about 3 minutes late to work.
Anyway, I got up got dressed, and I was all good for time. Then I got Trace up thinking he'd be easier to get dressed because I didn't have to fix hair or anything with him. It went prety well except he didn't have socks, so the poor child is in a pair of Alaena's socks. They are neuter gender white socks, so don't worry that he had to go to school in some ruffly pink socks or anything. The sock fiasco put me a few minutes behind.
Then I got Raegan up and got her dressed, and I was trying to put her shoes on in a hurry because we needed to get their teeth brushed and get out the door, so I wasn't paying much attention, and I almost put Raegan's shoe on the wrong foot. Fortunately my niece knows how to tell the right foot from the wrong foot, and she said, "Um, Heather, Dora's on the outside. Boots is on the inside." So I got a little lesson about putting shoes on the right foot from my four year old niece. I felt really smart.
Sometimes life is like that. Sometimes we rush ahead and run around like a chicken with our heads cut off, and we don't pay one bit of attention to what we are doing. Then finally God has to get our attention and pretty much say, "Hello, this is how you're supposed to do this, or this is how you're supposed to go?"
And at times like that I feel so dumb. Because all along I know what I'm supposed to be doing, and there is no way that my way could ever be better than God's PERFECT way. I'm just thankful He loves me enough to give me those wake up calls to get me headed back in the right direction.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

LOL. Good thing for Dora and Boots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home