Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Little Rock

Photobucket

Well, as hard as it is to believe it, I am now the mother to a one year old. Time has flown by much to quickly. It doesn't seem possible that the tiny little one I was just holding in my arms is now a jabbering, toddling one year old. And as I look back over this year, I can see that I named her right!
Alaena is a form of "Alain" which means "Little Rock." Now in the Bible many times rocks were used as a form of rememberance. The children of Israel were to take stones from the bed of the Jordan River when they crossed and pile them up as a reminder of how God delivered them and brought them into the promised land. And I could name other times as well.
Every time I look at Alaena, I am constantly reminded of God's goodness to me in spite of all my failures. She is definitely my little rock to help me remember all that God has given me.
Take a look around you today, I'm sure you can find some "Little Rocks" of your own.

2 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Adorable, Happy One Year birthday!!!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Happy Birthday little Alaina! My has time flown. I can't believe it's been a year already, Heather!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home