Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Are You Up to the Test?

I've often wondered how strong my faith is. Am I strong enough to do whatever God asks of me? I mean sure, I can say in words that I'll go wherever He asks me to go and do whatever He asks me to do, but would I really do it.
My Bible reading today covered Genesis 22, where God tested Abraham by asking him to sacrafice Isaac. Abraham never questioned God on this. He willingly offered Isaac. Now we all know that God didn't actually let Abraham sacrafice Isaac. He provided a ram to be sacraficed instead. But through Abraham's willingness, God saw right where Abraham stood. Abraham put God as his first priority.
Could I do that? Could I sacrafice everything I love? I pray that I would be so willing. I think the thing is to stay close to God, to strive for a close relationship with Him. If we put God first in the small things, we will pass the big test when it comes. We can't be super-strong in the hard times, if we aren't strong enough to face the daily challenges. We must have a daily walk with God.
If we do follow God day by day, He will give us the grace we need when we need it. Paul talks about God's grace in II Corinthians 12:9, "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
God's grace is sufficient for us. He will give us power, even when we think we are weak.
Abraham and Paul weren't perfect men. They were sinners resting in God's grace. They tried to walk with God daily. Sure they made mistakes, but they didn't let those failures keep them away from God, and when the ultimate test came, they passed.
So strive to walk with God. Get into His Word. Listen for what He is trying to teach you. Talk with Him through prayer. Have a relationship with Him, and like Abraham and Paul, you too will pass the test.

Today's reading is: Genesis 17:1 - Genesis 28:19.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Minka said...

I am not a firm believer, I hope that is ok! I still believe in a power that is much stronger than I or anyone on this planet. It is a power that makes the deepest of my sould feel good. Whenever I do good things, listen to my body mind and spirit it has an effect on my overall outlook on life. In that regard it is not that different from teh belief of God, I guess.
I think in summery: we should always try to do the best we can with aa clean a conscience as possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home