Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

For A Price

My reading has brought me to Leviticus. This is the part of the Bible where God gives the law to Moses. He explains things in depth. He tells the specific payment for sins. He tells what sacrafices should be made, and He gives details on just how to make those sacrafices. The sin offerings, the trespass offerings, the wave offerings. He tells about them all.
The basic concept behind these offerings is there is a price for our sin. Payment must be made for our wrongdoing. Fortunately today we don't have to go to a priest and offer a sacrafice. Jesus is our high priest, and He has already paid the price. His shed blood redeemed all sin for all time. All that we must do is accept His gift of redemption.
I don't know why He offered me such grace, but I'm glad He did. Read through Leviticus. Take a look at the law, and you'll realize how much Christ has done for you. We are no longer under the law because Christ fulfilled it.
Take some time today to thank Him for His grace and mercy!

Today's reading: Leviticus 14:33 - Leviticus 26:26

3 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An interesting thing about Leviticus, is in the way it distinguished God's people from the surrounding culture. The pagan cultures of that time were basically "lawless" or a "law unto themselves". Not only did the minutia of Levitical law set the Jews apart, but the fact that they derived from a singular external source (Yahweh).

This is what makes U.S. government and democracy so unique. The Constitution and Declaration of Independence are built upon Judeo-Christian concepts, like: "...all men are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights." That's the same basic principle that emerges from Leviticus. Rights / law does not come from the state or the individual, but from a Transcendant Source outside of us.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm about to shut down this crazy computer, so I'll take some time out to think about this. Thanks.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Spock said...

Hey chicky. I've struggled this week to take time out & thank Him for anything. I know it's not Him. I just have sssooo much going through my mind, I've become focused on me. Thanks for the reminder. I needed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home