Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 06, 2006

Its Time to Grow Up!!

Okay, I have to share something that gave me a laugh last night. I was warming up a microwave pizza, and I looked on the back of the box it came in to see how long it should be warmed. Not only did I find how long it should be warmed. I got step by step instructions on:

1: How to remove the pizza from the box (well, I guess I passed that one)
2: How to remove the pizza from the plastic wrapping (check on that one too!)
3: How to discard the pizza box and all plastic (Duh!)
4: How to heat the pizza in the microwave (Finally, what I was looking for)
5: How to eat the pizza (Apparently I was supposed to enjoy)

I laughed a good while at this. I mean, for me they could've just put heat 5 minutes on the box, and I'd have been fine! Of course some people need step by step instructions like this. Some people never get past this point.
Sadly, some Christians never get past this point in their spiritual walk. They have to be told simple steps over and over. They never learn the simple things, so God can't show them greater things.
I Corinthians 3:2 says, "I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able."
Paul was disappointed that the Corinthians hadn't matured in their walk. He couldn't teach them the more important spiritual things because they still hadn't grasped the smaller things.
My desire for this year is to grow spiritually. I want to feed on the meat of God's Word. I want to learn all that He has for me, not just be satisfied with the small things!

3 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

The 10 commandments were some of the first laws that God taught to us. Moses brought them to the people on the tables. You remember what happened ? He came down from the mountain and doing all kinds of things. He knew they were not ready for the commandments and the threw them down and the tablets broke.

You are right, if we just would learn the simple things, he would give us more.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mcm handbags, vans, nike trainers, nfl jerseys, converse, ray ban, north face outlet, ghd, longchamp, timberland boots, celine handbags, wedding dresses, vans shoes, mac cosmetics, herve leger, babyliss, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, north face outlet, nike air max, mont blanc, baseball bats, bottega veneta, reebok shoes, gucci, valentino shoes, jimmy choo shoes, birkin bag, nike air max, ralph lauren, nike huarache, soccer jerseys, louboutin, oakley, converse outlet, instyler, giuseppe zanotti, iphone 6 cases, new balance, lululemon, hollister, p90x workout, hollister, soccer shoes, chi flat iron, insanity workout, nike roshe, hollister, asics running shoes

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, bottes ugg, coach outlet, toms shoes, swarovski, montre pas cher, hollister, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg boots uk, canada goose, supra shoes, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, doudoune canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, lancel, michael kors outlet online, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs, barbour, moncler, karen millen, links of london, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler, michael kors outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home