Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Goals, Goals, Goals

That's it. I can't take the pressure anymore. It seems everyone is posting their goals for the year. Now to a writer goals are apparently supposed to be important, but they can be so scary. I mean, what if I fail? That's just my pride talking I guess. If I pray and stay in the center of God's will, I'll accomplish the goals that He wants me to accomplish. So here I am, stepping out in trepidation to share my goals with the world wide web.

Goal 1: I've already talked about this one, to read the Bible through in 90 days and to absorb lots of learning during this time of concentrated reading.
Goal 2: To spend more of each day in prayer
Goal 3: To keep my priorities straight, God above all else.
Goal 4: To write 2000 words a day, at least (on something other than my blog or e-mail)
Goal 5: To have fun on this journey
Goal 6: To be filled with God's love that I might help anyone that I can along the way (with both emotional and physical needs, to this end if you have a request leave one here. I'll be happy to pray for you or do anything that I can to help.)

Those are my big goals for the year. I've committed each of these things to God. I challenge each of you to make your own goals, if you haven't already. Pray about them. Ask God to guide your path.
Proverbs 3:5 tells us, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
So trust God, ask Him today what He would have you to do. Commit yourself to Him this year and as Paul tells us in Ephesians 3:20 He is, "...able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us."
Follow God, and you'll be able to do things beyond your imagination!

Today's reading: Genesis 28:20 - Genesis 40:11