Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 16, 2006

My Prison Doors Flew Open Wide

Well you guys wanted to know how things went last night. One word describes it...awesome. Honestly I think Satan suspected how well it would go because he fought us on every side. 4 people got sick and couldn't go (Two of which had speaking parts, fortunately its just reader's theater). 5 people that went could hardly speak on Sunday morning. When we arrived the gate to the prison wouldn't open, so we couldn't drive in to setup the equipment.
But you know what, we walked the equipment in, one piece at a time. We wouldn't be stopped because we knew God wanted us there. I realized why when we sang the theme song to our cantata.
The song is called "Then Jesus Came." It talks about how Jesus came and set us free. You see, we were all prisoners. Prisoners to sin, and we had no way to free ourselves. Jesus was our only hope for freedom. When He came the doors to the prison of sin flew open wide.
I always thought the song was pretty, but I almost cried last night when I sang the line, "My prison doors flew open wide, and life has never been the same." There before us sat about 100 young men who truly knew what it meant to be locked in prison. They are seeking freedom, in more ways than one. So I finally realized what a message of hope that song was.
So that's my update about the prison. I went in to minister, and I got ministered to. God's just awesome that way!