Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

He's All I Need

Okay, GiBee is responsible for today's post because my thoughts sprang from her Tuesday Toss up. You'll have to go over there and check it.

Her thoughts made me think of a song that my dad used to sing when I was little. The song is called, "He's All I Need" Check out these words:

He's all I need, when I just need someone to talk to.
He's always there to hear my prayer each time I call Him.
On this friend I can rely to be my strength as days go by,
He's the Lord of all, and He's all I need.

He comforts me when I'm weary, eases every pain.
He fills my deepest longing time and time again.
He's my soul's inspiration, my heart's consolation
He's my everything, He's all I need.

Back when I was young, I didn't understand the song as much as I do now. Sure, I thought it was pretty, but now I'm glad that the words stuck with me. Jesus is ALL that I need.

Check out Philippians 4:19, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Did you catch that? God will supply all our needs according to His riches. I have no need to worry. Why? Because my God owns it all. He has no limit to His supply. Not only can He supply our physical needs, but He cares about our spiritual needs.

Check out Galatians 4:4-7, "4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

See, we were slaves to our sin. Our souls were in bondage, but God provided our way out. He gave us freedom through Christ. Now we are no longer slaves to sin. We are children of God. Isn't that awesome?

So no matter what you're going through, God has the answer. He'll give you the strength to make it through any trial. He'll provide your every need. All you have to do is ask Him. He will truly be your all in all!

3 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Heather ... you are simply amazing. I can't tell you how impressed I am with your mere 23 years of age each time I read your posts. They are always so deep and profound!

When I was a youth pastor, I dreamed of kids like you! your youth pastor must be all aglow and proud of the way you turned out!

Love ya, girl!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

I agree with the above comment! I come here everyday to get my spiritual boost for the day. You don't know how much your words have helped or all they have gotten me through.... you are a true blessing

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Great thoughts, Heather. I needed to be reminded of that today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home