Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Things About My Life Verses - Psalm 46:1-3, 10

1. God is my refuge - He is the place I can go to hide when life is hard

2. God is my strength - He fights for me, and He gives me strength to stand when I could never stand alone.

3. God is a very present help in trouble - He is not just a God who says He will be there. He is a God who IS there. I can feel His presence with me through the good times and the bad.

4. Since I have a God like this, I have no reason to fear no matter what happens - inevitably things will happen in life. He didn't promise us a problem free life, just that He'd be with us all the way. I don't have to fear because He is with me.

5. Even if the whole earth were destroyed, God would still be God.

6. Sometimes we need to stop and remember that God is God.

7. If we take the time to stop, we will know that He is God because we will be able to see the evidence of all He has done around us.

8. God will be exalted among the heathen. Though at times it seems that the world gets by with so much evil, we can trust in the fact that God is still in control. One day every knee will bow before Him.

9. God deserves our praise and adoration.

10. God isn't just interested in our doing. He's interested in our willingness to listen to Him.

11. If I take the time to listen to God, He will show me that He can handle anything.

12. If I race ahead of God, I will probably miss some important things that He wants me to learn.

13. It's not about me. It's about God. God deserves all the glory.

Links to other 13's. Leave your link and I'll post you here!!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



15 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

How very interesting that your post is about exactly where I am in my reading. i just love psalms.

My list
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your lists are always so encouraging! Thank you so much for sharing and uplifting my day! God Bless! My list is up!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

thanks for stopping by my TT - number 11 is great. Thank you for the encouraging words :)

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

That was a cool list! And I liked the word you had yesterday, Joy. Something I just studied about in our online Bible study.

Again, GREAT LIST! ;)

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

I love coming to this site. It's all about God. You are an encourager. I believe you should be renamed Barnabas...

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger C. H. Green said...

Powerful stuff.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said...

Great TT. As I work to prepare as VBS director at our church this summer it's nice to find something so inspiring.

My TT are there if you are interested.

C

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Great truths. Heather, your blog points at God more than I other I read. Thank you!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Trinity13 said...

It reminds me of my fav Bible chapter...Psalm 121. It tells how God is always with us and He will help us whenever we need him.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Wonderful TT! Thanks for coming by mine.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I'm sorry its taken me so late to make my TT rounds!

This is a good list, and very true.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

AWESOME list. I thought I commented yesterday, but alas I was wrong! What's wrong with me?

Must be getting old!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Nice post, Heather. It's a great list.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, bottes ugg, coach outlet, toms shoes, swarovski, montre pas cher, hollister, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg boots uk, canada goose, supra shoes, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, doudoune canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, lancel, michael kors outlet online, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs, barbour, moncler, karen millen, links of london, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler, michael kors outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home