Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 21, 2006

Give Me More

First off, let me say I don't know what in the world is wrong with my blog. Its only showing like one post and cutting of the comments thing. I'll try to check into this over the weekend to get it fixed! Apparently GiBee's site is blessed b/c it's normal from there. Weird!
Anyway, now for today's thought. It was actually inspired by my 8 1/2 month old nephew. (He's really smart for his age!!) Actually, it was inspired by his eating habits. See, if there is food left in the plate, and he sees it, he thinks he is supposed to eat it, whether he is full or not. My sister has to remove the plate once he's had his fair share of food, or he'll eat and eat and eat. It's funny, but it made me think.
How many of us do the same thing? I mean God blesses us and blesses us, but we are never satisfied. We get other blessings in our sites, and we want more and more. We never stop to thank God for all that He's already done.
Philippians 4:11 talks about this, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
Now, I'm sure that Paul prayed for things. He talked with God about everything, but he had also learned to be content with what God had given him. He didn't expect God to give him a million blessings every minute. He was thankful for the things God had already given him. Because of this, I think God blessed Paul's life even more. God knew that Paul didn't take blessings for granted.
How about you? Do you thank God for what He's done for you? I've seen a great little "meme" going around about "simple pleasures." I think it's good because it's the little blessings in life that we so often forget to thank God for. So take some time today and thank Him. Don't go to Him saying, "Give me more." Rather say, "Thanks for all You've done!" I guarantee it will change your perspective!


7 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Again, thanks for the reminder! You are a blessing.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Convicted again, Heather.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

We're just like greedy little toddlers, so loved and well cared for , yet still whining. You are so right. Thanks sister!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! I came across your site in the Christian Women Online Webring. Your site is full of inspiration!!! Thank you for the reminder to thank God in EVERYTHING!!! Also, would you mind if I added to my blog roll?

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, you're onto something heather! mike and i make sure we are VOCAL about thanking God for everything, so that our kids see it, too!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Hmmm ... I have a prayer journal ... but maybe I need a "thanks journal" or a "blessings journal" too?

Thanks for getting me thinking!!!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home