Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Verses About Rejoicing!! (I've been feeling kinda yuck the last few days, so I need a reminder to rejoice. Figured I could share with all of you!!)

1. Psalm 9:2,14 "2. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High...14. That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation. " (We should sing and rejoice in His presence because of all He's done for us!)

2. Psalm 97:12, "Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness." (We should rejoice because God is Holy. He is perfect.)

3. Psalm 119:162, "I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil." (We have the Word of God. It's a treasure that we should rejoice over!)

4. Joel 2:21, "Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things." (We serve a God who will do great things. That's a reason to rejoice!)

5. Habakkuk 3:18, "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation." (We have reason to rejoice because we are saved!)

6. Zechariah 2:10, "Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD." (God is with us!!)

7. Luke 6:23, "Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets." (We should rejoice even when it seems the world is against us!)

8. John 16:22, "And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you." (Even when this life has sorrow, we have a joy deep inside that no one can take away because we have Jesus!)

9. Romans 5:2, "By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." (We have reason to rejoice because we have access to God's grace through Jesus Christ. We have hope because of Him!)

10. I Corinthians 13:6, "Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;" (We should rejoice in the truth of God not in the sins of this world. God's truth is eternal.)

11. Philippians 4:4, "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." (We should rejoice at all times in all things!)

12. I Thessalonians 5:16, "Rejoice evermore." (Again, there's no excuse not rejoice for what God has done for us!)

13. Revelation 19:7, "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." (We are the bride of Christ and one day He will return for us. That is reason to rejoice!!)

I feel better now that I've dwelt on rejoicing for a minute! Hope it helps you too!

Links to other 13's. Leave your link and I'll post you here!!
Aggiejenn
Dawn
Wystful1
Carmen
Better Safe Than Sorry
Sheri
Sonya
mommy@home
Kassi
Addie




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi, Heather! You've been tagged!! Go to my "Reflecting Him" blog for details. Have fun!!

LOVE your Rejoicing 13--I've been feeling kinda yuck lately, too. Lack of sleep will do that to a person! Blessings.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

I think this is the first time I've been to visit you with your Thursday 13.

My T T are up.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

We recently sang a song based on number 11 in church. We rocked! :)

Good and inspiring post

Mines up
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

My T-13 is up.

Great list. Thanks for reminding us of some of these.

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Thank you so much for posting this today, I certainly did need this uplifting message...it helped me put things into perspective in regards to my moping lately. Thank you and God Bless!!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Addie said...

I'm so thankful that the words of God can bring us all such comfort during those yucky days! It's transforming power in our lives is AMAZING!

Thanks for checking out my TT. Great List!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Praise will always make you feel better. I'm glad it worked for you.
My list is up too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home