Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

He Holds Me Up

Okay, I'm gonna start this post with an announcement of sorts. I've known for about a week, but it's really exciting to me, so I'm gonna announce it...I get to meet GiBee. That's right. I'm gonna meet one of my good blogging buddies in person. I'm singing at her church! Things were crazy last week, and I kept forgetting to announce it! But anyway, I'm excited!
So now to today's thought! I read this verse at Bible.com today, and it blessed me, so I thought I'd share it.
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand." Psalm 37:23-24
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD. Are you a good man? (or woman as the case may be.) Do you rely on the Lord to order your steps? Do you trust Him to direct you in every are of your life?
It's easy to say that we do that, but it's tougher to live it. Things come up in life, and we want to hold onto them. We don't want to turn them over to the Lord, but He will give us perfect direction if we'll trust them.
But in those times when we don't go to Him, He doesn't stop loving us. He's still there to catch us when we fall. He doesn't allow us to be "utterly cast down."
I'm so glad that I serve a loving, forgiving God. There have been so many times when I haven't followed His perfect direction, but His gentle hands were there to pick me up when I fell. He wiped the tears from my eyes and kissed away the pain. He loved me with a love I'll never understand on this earth.
How about you? Have you ever felt that love? If not, He's offered it to you. He wants you to know Him. He wants you to know you are loved. I'm gonna end today with the song "You Are Loved" by Hope's Call (click on the link to go to Hope's Call's site where you can hear the song!)

You are loved beyond your failures,
You are loved beyond your past.
The hope that you imagined
Is reality at last.
You are loved with no condition.
You are loved with no remorse.
The stripes of your forgiveness,
Are engraved upon the Lord.
You are loved.

7 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful song and beautiful thoughts. You get to meet GiBee? I'm so jealous! :-) Have a great time!!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Thanks Heather. Have fun meeting your friend. Isn't it great that we'll ALL get to meet one day!?

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am SO covetous of your gibee meeting, and your voice. gah!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

The stripes of your forgiveness,
Are engraved upon the Lord.


Amen! So awesome!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Oh, yeah ... baby ... we get to meet in the flesh ... and have more than just a bloggy hug! I'm so excited -- I can't wait!!

And let me just say ... Heather is one firmly grounded, Bible-lovin', Jesus sharin', Song writin', Beautiful voicin' girl!!! (yeah, I made that last expression up, but it's true! She can sing!!!) And I can't wait to meet her and her family! Our church is going to have their SOCKS blessed off of them!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

You get to meet Gibee, blogdom's Kisses of Sunshine????? No fair! Unless, maybe, could you perhaps.....when you meet Gibee on Sunday---plan the first ever reunion of those who love Gibee?????? Good idea--shoot--it's a great idea! We'll contact Holy Mama for some good ideas on travel locations--didn't she just do some research on that for her and her sister????

Teasing a little...but the jealousy part is REAL.....Should type that in GREEEN...cuz I'm so envious! :)

Guess I should go to Bible.com and do some reading of the WORD! Huh?

Always love coming to visit:)

Diane

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home