**Special prayer request and update -
I just receive an e-mail about a lady in my church. Her name is Judy, and she is in the hospital bleeding from her brain. She just had open heart surgery several months back, and they discovered several health problems at that time. They are doing a cat scan to see what's wrong and if they can't get it stopped, they will do surgery around 5:00pm eastern. Her sister Kathy has asked that a prayer chain be started for her. Please join our church in this prayer for Judy and her family. She is a new Christian and she needs strong prayer support at this difficult time**
**A brief prayer before I start this week's
Thursday Thirteen about The National Day of Prayer.
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for this nation and for the freedoms we have to come to you in prayer. I pray that you would be with our nation in a great way today. Grant the petitions of our hearts. Thank You, Father. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.
Now to the Thirteen**
Thirteen Things We Need To Pray About On This National Day of Prayer
1. Our President and his family (whether you agree with him or not, the man needs prayer. The position he is in holds more stress than I'd ever care to have.)
2. Our Congress (These people hold the power to make decisions that will shape our lives)
3. The Supreme Court, and all the lesser courts (These people need wisdom to interpret the law)
4. Our troops (Whether you think they should be fighting or not, these young men and women need our prayers everyday)
5. The survivors of last years hurricanes and this year's tornados and fires.(These people are still so far from having their lives back to normal)
6. Preachers across the land. (So many of them are facing opposition on every side)
7. Our teachers (This is becoming a more dangerous job everyday. These people need prayers for wisdom and strength. They also need prayers for more support from parents.)
8. Our policemen. (These men and women put their lives on the line everyday, and most don't respect them at all. They need prayer in a great way.)
9. Our firemen and EMT workers. (For strength to face the things they face daily)
10. Our children (Children are growing up way too fast in our culture. They see things way too young. Our children need God's help.)
11. Our doctors, nurses, hospital workers. (Many of these people are worn thin because of a lack of workers. Pray that God will grant them strength and that people would appreciate them more.)
12. Our blue collar workers. (These people go to work everyday to keep America strong. Some barely make enough to get by. They deserve our prayers.)
13. Our poverty stricken and homeless. (Some are there by their own doings. Some have lost jobs, or are unable to work due to sickness. No matter the situation, we need to take these to God in prayer.)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants