Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 08, 2006

A Safe Crossing

I'm sure you've all seen them. You're driving through the city, and they're there. The darters. They're standing on the sidewalk ready to race across the street as soon as there is a break in traffic.
I often shake my head at them. I mean, there is a pedestrian crossing not 10 feet up the road, but they are willing to risk it to save maybe 20 steps. Doesn't make sense to me.
I've read about these people getting hit, injured and even killed because they darted and someone was going faster than they expected or someone just didn't see them. I'm sure they never planned on this.
I saw one of these darters this morning, and it made me think. I mean, we often take chances in life that are just as dangerous. No, we may not try to beat a car while racing across the road, but we ignore safety just as much as any darter.
See, God has a perfect way. A perfect will for our lives. It's the safe path. No, it isn't always easy. It might require a little more work, a few more steps, but its always the best route to take.
If we try to take a shortcut, we miss things God is trying to teach us. We miss blessings along the way. So, if you are following God, and it seems tough, just trust Him. He has you right where He wants you, and it will be worth it in the end when He brings you safely to the other side.