Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 12, 2006

What Are You Building?

As most of you know, I'm in the middle of a Beth Moore Bible Study called, "A Woman's Heart." Last night we got together, and we had an awesome discussion. One thing in the second lesson we talked about really hit me.
She had us read I Corinthians 3:9-15:
"9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. 10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."
When I was reading these verses the thought hit me. All who have believed on Christ are building on the same foundation. I mean this isn't really new information, but it hit me in a different way.
We're all making a building with our lives. Jesus is the foundation. It's our choice what we build on it (gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or stubble.) But we all have the same opportunities to earn rewards. Billy Graham doesn't have a better opportunity than me. Paul didn't have a better opportunity than me. I don't have a better opportunity than a recovering drug addict that just got saved. We are all on the same foundation, and we all make the choice of what we build on that foundation.
Some choose to live their own way and don't think about the way they build their lives. They're making a building of wood, hay, and stubble. Others strive to live for Christ. They're making a building of gold, silver, and precious stones.
Wood, hay, and stubble won't survive the fire. Gold, silver, and precious stones will. So what are you building today? Will it survive the fire?
I want my life to be built the right way. I want to come forth as gold. I want rewards to lay at Jesus' feet. How about you?