Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Wednesday's Word

I heard one of my favorite songs this morning. "Walk by Faith" by Jeremy Camp . The song inspired my word for today. Faith.

Actual meaning:
Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.


Meaning to me:
Belief that God is there with me even when I don't understand the things that happen in this life.

Like I said the song "Walk by Faith" inspired this word. Look at the chorus to this song:

I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see.
Because this broken road, prepares Your will for me.

That's the perfect definition of faith. Trusting that God has a perfect will for you. Trusting that even when life is hard, He has a purpose.
See, we don't always know what is going to happen. We don't know what is just around the next curve, but God does, and we can trust that He cares for us and that He won't put anything in our path that we can't bear. (I Corinthians 10:13)
A few weeks ago I heard it put like this. We trust Him for our eternal salvation. I mean we trust Him to save us from hell. Pretty huge thing there. We trust Him with our eternal souls.
But then the preacher went on to say that though we trust God with our eternity, we don't trust Him to handle our daily lives. I'm definitely guilty. I mean I won't take something to God thinking it's too small of a problem or that I can handle it on my own. But nothing is too small for God. He wants us to have enough faith in Him to bring Him every burden and every care.
So whether you are going through something huge or the problems in your life seem trivial, hand them over to God. Have faith in Him. He can handle anything.

4 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

I am like you and tend to try to keep control of my little problems and everyday tasks. I need to let go and let God but its so hard sometimes.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

Thanks for visiting my site...and leaving a link so I could find yours...I really like what you've posted!! :)

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want you to know I really enjoyed reading this tody as usual!!! I agree with Dawn, when ya gonna write that book!!!!! Proud of ya!!!!

Love your Sis!!!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... you know I needed to hear this today. Thank you... thank you for the reminder.

BTW... added you to my reads. HUGS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home