Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 01, 2006

Keep Pressing On

**Just a brief praise report before today's post. We started travelling to sing again this weekend. The service was awesome, and dad didn't have problems singing. The men at the church were great too. They helped my brother pack up the equipment since dad still can't lift anything over 5 pounds. God is good!**

Now for today's thought...Have you ever wondered if it's worth it to be a Christian? I have. I know. I'm evil now. I'll probably lose all of my readers after that statement. But hear me out.
I mean think about it, you get up early every Sunday morning to go to church services while your unsaved neighbors sleep soundly in their beds.
You spend your entire Saturday cleaning up the church rather than going to the mall or relaxing by the pool.
Then of course there's Wednesday night service and Sunday night service. And revivals. And Vacation Bible School. And Bible Study.
Don't get me wrong. I really love all this stuff. It's just that there are times when I feel like I never stop. From the world's viewpoint I am wasting my time.
But then something bad happens. And I have people to fall back on. I have people that are praying for me. And most importantly, I know I am in God's hands, and I can trust Him to help me weather any storm. All those hours spent in church have helped to build my understanding of Him.
Or I am in a service where the Spirit really comes down, and I can't imagine having missed it. The joy that floods my soul is something I wouldn't trade for all the money or power the world could offer.
So is it worth it to be a Christian? Yes. It is worth it. So if you are in a place now where it seems you are stretched from every side, remember that it is worth it. The Christian life offers rewards that you can't imagine. The benefits are out of this world.
So press on toward the mark. (Philippians 3:14) Your life has a purpose, and everything you do for Christ is worth it!

4 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather , it never ceases to amaze me how God leads you to put on your Blog EXACTLY what I need. Just this morning as I left EARLY for work, after getting home very late last night from singing out of town, Satan put the thought in my mind ... WHY DO YOU DO THIS. Why don't you stay home and rest on the weekend instead of going to sing. Then GOD REMINDS me of those precious souls who came to the altar last night and got things right with him and you put this on your blog .Yes !YES!! It is worth it to be a christian and Serve our LORD. Lift me up in prayer that I stay true and faithful to him. Love you Heather...

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Okay ... hold up.

You TRAVEL to sing?

As in ... a family group?

As in ... a ministry?

As in ... performing?

As in ... to ANY church?

Do you charge? Or take a love offering? Do you have a demo tape? Do you sell cd's? What kind of music do you all sing?

Do share more details. You can email me if you want! Our church might be interested! Ya never know!

HEY!!! Then ... we could MEET! Hug time!!!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I agree. It is worth it! I am sure we will be able to say it was worth it even more when we see Him and all that is waiting.

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, bottes ugg, coach outlet, toms shoes, swarovski, montre pas cher, hollister, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg boots uk, canada goose, supra shoes, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, doudoune canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, lancel, michael kors outlet online, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs, barbour, moncler, karen millen, links of london, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler, michael kors outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home